Texting while driving

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
Joy

Texting while driving

Post by Joy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:02 pm

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/article ... 362043.txt

Can I vent? Because I really hate this.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to get people to understand that texting and talking on the cellphone and multi-tasking while driving is dangerous. Are we as a society really that selfish? I know Americans feel entitled but let's not throw common sense out the window.

An alcoholic has underlying emotional issues that causes him to drink and drive (not condoning the behavior just stating a fact). They can't make rational decisions about most areas in their lives.
But people who text and use cell phones while driving are just being plain selfish and stupid. Some say it's teens who do it but I know plenty of adults who do it too! I saw a lady the other day smoking a cigarette and talking on her cell phone while driving!

If you are a person who does this please think about how dangerous it is. Unexpected situations can happen on the road in a split second. Don't throw away the small amount of control you have on the road by doing things that divert your attention. We didn't always have cell phones. It's OK to wait until you get to your destination to call or text someone.

I have people who get annoyed with me because I don't answer my phone while driving. Even if it is an emergency I can't do anything if I'm in my car driving somewhere. I just don't understand why people don't get it!

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Agreed!

Magician

Post by Magician » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm

I have just recently read an article according to which using iPod even more dangerous than phone talking...