how much exercise?

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
owottatum

how much exercise?

Post by owottatum » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi to all who read this.

I am doing 'good' on no S and love my daily dose of exercise, I use a cross trainer, but how much do I do? I love it and can spend 40 mins daily, now....... if I want to burn fat and trim my thighs etc do I go on for longer or step up the resistance, as I don't want chunky thighs, can anyone advise please.

Many thanks

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:42 pm

14 minutes every N-day

:-)

See shovelglove homepage for the rationale.

Seriously, 40 minutes is great, but are you really going to be able to keep it up for the rest of your life? Go for a consistent minimum of compliance, not heroic efforts. It doesn't take much, if you do it consistently, to see great results.

I wouldn't worry about suddenly sprouting bulging muscles. That is VERY hard to do, as many people who desperately want to can attest.

Reinhard

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:20 pm

I think I might have to go for the 14 minutes every N-day thing too as it seems much more sensible than trying to stick to something that isn't realistic in the long run, I think if you do a daily session that is too long you can come to resent it for taking over your life too much.

Owottatum, just to echo what Reinhard said it isn't as easy as people think to build bulky muscles, I dont actually know if you are male or female :D but if you are female it is especially difficult to build bulky muscles (we have estrogen to thank for that!) though some women get muslce definition fairly easily rather than an increase in size. It's easier for men obviously but they still have to work at it and have a good protein intake in order to have the enough raw materials I guess!