The Edinburgh Festival!

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
ThomsonsPier

The Edinburgh Festival!

Post by ThomsonsPier » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:28 am

Hello, all.

A number of us amateur theatrical types from Reading are planning to develop a show to take up to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival later this year as a new flagship production for the Friction Theatre Company.

We're currently extending a short (ten minutes) piece that we performed at Progress Theatre in Reading as part of a series of original works. It was so well received that we're using it as the basis for a fifty-or-so minute piece of physical drama.

Anyway, the point of all this rambling is that the original piece is now up on YouTube (with apologies for the poor quality of the recording).

I (and the rest of the team) would appreciate any comments or input anyone may have with regard to the work. In case anyone's wondering, I'm the only male in the video, standing mostly at the back. The one who can't act.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:50 am

Very cool!

Youtube is great...

I had an idea (that I'm never going to get to) for a theater related site called "the internet shakespeare company."

The idea is user/actors record and upload audio mp3 files for specific characters in a play, say mp3 files for every snippet of dialog for Polonius in Hamlet. There's some kind of naming convention for the files so they can easily be combined with mp3s from other users who have never met each other to form a complete merged play. If someone else comes along who does a better or interestingly different polonius, you can just swap him into the play and leave all the other parts alone. When the copyright for recordings of great historical performances expires, they could be chopped up for reassembly, too.

No replacement for real theater, of course, but perhaps a fun outlet for otherwise artistically thwarted cubicle slaves.

Reinhard