Wanted: No S Diet Cover Girl

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

Wanted: No S Diet Cover Girl

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:28 am

I know this sounds crazy... but anyone interested in being on the cover of a major national magazine?

All you have to be is:

female
22-38 years old
attractive with a "great smile" (please don't be modest! think the "dove" ads. "real" is in.)
at or near goal weight
lost at least 15-20 pounds on no-s
willing to appear on the cover of a national magazine

If this sounds like you, even approximately, please email me with a photo to pass along. If this sounds like you except for the last item, think what a worthy cause you will be serving and reconsider. :-)

Seriously, don't be shy, who knows how these magazine editors think, why not take a chance to be (a little) famous? I will be very grateful for any submissions -- it's a huge opportunity for me and No-s as well.

Thanks in advance,

Reinhard
Last edited by reinhard on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:22 am

I'm two years too old and 40 lbs away from my own goal.
Rats!!
Got the smile down though :)
Reinhard come over to my myspace page and steal any pix you want.
Feel free.
Just tell em I'm 30 :D
Some guy on myspace asked me out the other day, haha and asked me how old I was.. He took a guess that I was 29.. When I told him 40 he said.
"Forty my ars*"
Maybe next year I'll be able to say I'm at goal!
Wow that would be something ;)

Love,
Debs x

lets see if this works???
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=16518923

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=18801828

Okay I'm not smiling here really but this is what I look like this week :)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=19796089

and heres a little cheeky one ;)
haha :)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=18371090
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:46 pm

You look great, Deb! And hey, 4 out of 6 criteria isn't bad. I'll certainly pass this on.

Note to other potential "cover girls": though it's great if you want to post here, you can also email me privately. If you meet the other criteria (more or less), please don't worry that you aren't beautiful enough: "real" is in, and besides, you'd be amazed what they can do with photoshop these days. :-) I PROMISE no one is going to make you feel inadequate if your photo doesn't wind up being used.

Free signed copy of the book (and my eternal gratitude) to whoever submits photos.

Thanks in advance,

Reinhard
reinhard.engels@gmail.com

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:17 pm

I'll go and doctor up my birth certificate to make it 1970 :)
LOL..
Thanks Reinhard.

I'm sure theres loads of gorgeous NoS women here!
You should make a NoS calender with the HabitCal as a feature.

Have a great week!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs aka Miss January.. haha :lol:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:03 pm

I'm sure theres loads of gorgeous NoS women here!
As am I. But I haven't gotten loads of submissions yet...

So please, if you more or less meet the quantitative criteria, don't let concern about the qualitative criteria hold you back (that you're not good looking enough, etc). First off, you're probably not a very good judge of that. Secondly, you don't have to be that good looking: "real is in" and if it isn't "in" enough, photoshop can fill in the gaps. :-)

If the prospect of appearing on the cover of a magazine merely for being a little skinnier mortifies you, I understand. But I hope I can appeal to your sense of generosity in that case -- this would be a huge break both for me personally and for millions of potential no-essers out there who might never hear about it otherwise. (And where are all you American Idol types who would do ANYTHING to be even a little [in]famous???)

If you find this whole thing immensely obnoxious, a concession to the Diet Industrial Complex, I hear you. But comrades (channeling great uncle Friedrich), if the apparatus of oppression offers us a chance to use its power to undermine it, we must take advantage. :-)

Reinhard
reinhard.engels@gmail.com

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:25 pm

This just in: deadline for submissions is NEXT TUESDAY (Jan 22).
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
-- Woody Allen

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:27 pm

edited out by Debs
Last edited by gratefuldeb67 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:30 pm

reinhard wrote:This just in: deadline for submissions is NEXT TUESDAY (Jan 22).
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
-- Woody Allen

Reinhard

Come on ladies!
Lets go with the pix!!
Show yourselves for the NoS fight!!

Love,
Debs x

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Hey Reinhard,
Just sent you an email, but with the new deadline, not sure when the pic would be taken, may need a few weeks of NoS to get back down to fighting weight (THAT would be a great motivator, eh?)

Mandy

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:19 am

I'm guessing it's a women's magazine since you're not asking for a cover boy?

I'm surprised the cheapskates aren't throwing in pictures just to get a free copy of the book (with soon-to-be-famous autograph).
Free signed copy of the book (and my eternal gratitude) to whoever submits photos.
And if January 22 is the deadline, when are you going to announce the selected volunteer (if one is selected)?
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

apple

Post by apple » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:14 am

Nice idea! Better than the usual weight-loss nonsense in magazines.

Haven't lost 15 pounds though.

Also, I'm not from the US, so it wouldn't be a national magazine for me.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Thanks all who submitted photos! We actually got a fair bunch after my last desperate plea -- and one that seems to have captured the editor's interest. So I'm closing this "contest."

I'm deeply grateful to ALL who submitted -- you are a generous and GORGEOUS group of young ladies. Please send me your address for your signed copy of the book if you haven't already.

Sorry about the photoshop comment Deb, I was trying to make people feel less insecure, not to be insulting.

You're right, HG, It is a women's magazine, but I don't think I'm supposed to publicly divulge details yet -- it still may not happen, after all. But when and if things firm up, I'll shout them from the rooftops (along the identity of our lucky "winner," if she cares to be identified).

THANK YOU ALL!

Reinhard

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi Reinhard,

I've been lurking on this thread, but haven't submitted anything from myself as despite being in the right age range, I don't think I'd be a representative candidate as I'm quite new to No S, haven't lost 15 lbs, and could be said to be already following another lifestyle/diet (vegan) which may skew the results or something (though being a vegan certainly didn't stop me gaining weight in the first place! :D).

If you ever need a range of photos from a bunch of people though (e.g. examples of No-S ers) then I'd be happy to submit something :) I have actually lost 2kgs since doing No S (about 4-5 lbs I think?) so am quite pleased, only have 1 or 2 more kgs to loose before I'm back to the where I was from ages (approx) 20-27 (which was fairly steady despite the odd blip up and down).

I hope you will post more when you have your cover model arranged etc.! :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:38 pm

edited out by Debs