Earth Shoes

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
DianeA2Z

Earth Shoes

Post by DianeA2Z » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:51 pm

I just got a pair of Earth sandals and have been wearing them all afternoon. I really love them 'cause they're so comfortable. Of course I was attracted not only by the styles but by the claim that you burn more calories and tone your legs and butt more by wearing them. Well, that sounded pretty good to me and San Diego is almost year-round sandal weather so I decided to try a pair. They sell them at Whole Foods Market! (Imagine that). Does anyone else wear them? Do they really help you burn more calories?

I don't really care if they don't, because they're more comfortable than my Birkenstocks (and I have about 4 pair of them). But it sure would be nice to wear them all day and during walks...and burn more calories in the process. And firmer legs? OMG, from the advertisement to God's ear! Please let it be so.

Hoping the claim is true!
Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Okay. I know this post has had some views, so I'm adding a bit more.

This morning when I got up I noticed that my legs felt a bit stiff...not a lot, but just enough for me to notice. It's gotta be the shoes. My feet feel great, my legs feel as though they've been exercised and all I did was some walking around yesterday. Point is, I wore the sandals from yesterday around noon until 10:30 last night. The best part is that there was no irritation on any part of my feet from the thongs of the sandals or from anythng else. I've often had problems with sandal thongs until my feet got used to them.

So, now we'll see if over time I notice any "firming" activity in my legs. Weight loss will result from the main contributing factor of No S-ing and additional aerobic activity.

Diane

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Diane, you've just about convinced me to buy some! I like comfy flats anyway...

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:22 am

Hey Diane, I'm looking at their website... which ones did you get?

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:09 am

KCCC,

They're called "Sunset" and I got them in black Nubuck. I tried to copy the picture to this post was wasn't able to. They're so comfy. I've got my eye on 3 other styles...now if only I had the $$$ :)

Diane

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu May 01, 2008 9:54 pm

I like the look of those.

Alas, the closest store that sells them is about an hour and a half away, and I just don't buy shoes pr clothes unless I can try them on first... but I'm taking notes of the locations.