New Way of thinking

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
NoelFigart

New Way of thinking

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:06 pm

I'm a big ole geek, but I'm gonna assume that people who might be into Everyday Systems might be, too. So check this out! It's about a cultural cognitive shift we're going through.

It's a video. Sorry if you're on dialup. I can't find the text for it.

http://blip.tv/file/855937/

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Thu May 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Can you give a synopsis for those of us who (a) can't get videos at work, or who live in the middle of nowhere at home? :)

f

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu May 01, 2008 7:37 pm

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu May 01, 2008 9:52 pm

Noel, that is BEYOND cool!

I am in education, and "collaborative learning" and "learning communities" are big right now. I don't see them going away, either, for a number of reasons. Because people need to learn to work in teams, and it's good if that's one part of learning. Because all of us are smarter than any of us (to quote one of my favorite people and mentor, who walks that talk). Because it's flat more fun to learn that way.

The university where I work supports "faculty learning communities," and I just finished facilitating one. Great stuff. And minor cost to the university.

But it's still kind of like gardening, to me. You can plant some seeds, and you can nurture them, but you can't FORCE them to grow. However, in the right conditions, the results can be astonishing.

(This is a bit of tangent, but seems connected to me. And yes, I am very much a geek.)