Exercise

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hoeka2

Exercise

Post by Hoeka2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm battling on the exercise front again - I start of well on Mon, then everything fizzles out by midweek. :oops:

This article lists 20 benefits of exercise, most of which we are familiar with, but still a handy reminder (or a gentle nudge):

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Getting ... ,31214.asp

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:23 am

Are you aiming at 14 minutes of ANYTHING to start? I've even had days on which I've divided THAT up into segments because I felt out of time at the regular time I exercise. Ended up doing more than 14 minutes total.

It would be good to add your own ideas and read that list daily until the habit is well established. thanks for posting it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Hoeka2

Post by Hoeka2 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:57 am

oolala, I like walking (and my dog loves it), but the most difficult part of my walking routine routine is the stretch from the front door to the gate...

I've also found that when I walk, the sledge also gets some attention. When I started shugging, I started out with 5 mins or so - I use a 12 pounder, and its brutal.

Anyway, today is a new day: I'll see how it goes

slothlike

Post by slothlike » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:04 am

23 1/2 hours This is in the same vein, but it motivated me when I got serious about getting back in shape.

davidson

No S Diet General Discussion

Post by davidson » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 am

Well. this was useful information for me...........Thanks for sharing it.

finersgillert9

Post by finersgillert9 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness. It is performed for various reasons including strengthening muscles and the cardiovascular system, honing athletic skills, weight loss or maintenance, as well as for the purpose of enjoyment. Frequent and regular physical exercise boosts the immune system, and helps prevent the "diseases of affluence" such as heart disease, cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes and obesity. It also improves mental health, helps prevent depression, helps to promote or maintain positive self esteem, and can even augment an individual's sex appeal or body image, which is also found to be linked with higher levels of self esteem.[3] Childhood obesity is a growing global concern[4] and physical exercise may help decrease some of the effects of childhood and adult obesity. Health care providers often call exercise the "miracle" or "wonder" drug—alluding to the wide variety of proven benefits that it provides.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Boy I needed this today! I love both
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me