"Mark Zuckerberg is to uselessness what Henry Ford was

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
reinhard
Site Admin

"Mark Zuckerberg is to uselessness what Henry Ford was

Post by reinhard » Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Funny article on facebook by Mark Lowry at the national review:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ ... rich-lowry
If time be of all things the most precious,†Benjamin Franklin said, “wasting time must be the greatest prodigality.†But he had never heard of a status update.

Facebook is the world’s foremost purveyor of information you shouldn’t care about. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is to uselessness what Henry Ford was to the automobile. He has mastered it on an industrial scale and is riding it to a vast fortune. At more than $100 billion, the valuation of Facebook equals the annual GDP of Morocco or Vietnam, countries that don’t top anyone’s list of economic powerhouses, but do actually produce some things of value.
(Yes, I read the national review now and then. In my home town of the People's Republic of Cambridge this is tantamount to admitting that you read Mein Kampf for pleasure. But it should come as no surprise that as in personal habits, so in politics, I consider myself a moderate, and like to get a full range of perspectives. I've quoted the New York times enough on this site to balance this out, I think?)

Off to post another status update on the no-s FB fan page...

Reinhard

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 am

Apparently he is being sued for dumping his Facebook stock. He might want to head to a country with no extradition. Thank goodness I paid a little attention to Warren Buffett. :lol:
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

TigerCrane

Post by TigerCrane » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:20 pm

(Yes, I read the national review now and then. In my home town of the People's Republic of Cambridge this is tantamount to admitting that you read Mein Kampf for pleasure.
LOL! I'm from Cambridge also. I went to Rindge and had Howard Zinn as my history textbook.