Aim the Spear

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
isaaclyman

Aim the Spear

Post by isaaclyman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:57 am

Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I've got a little too much imagination, so I pretend I am a medieval warrior when I shovelglove. Feels awesome.

I've invented a few moves that I really enjoy, and hopefully you will too. This is the first, called Aim the Spear. Please excuse my somewhat eccentric style. I think the shorter video and melodramatic voice are somewhat easier to sit through than...some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOWOT3kVKRg

The move is pretty self-explanatory. Essentially, it's Flip the Lever, but you hold the hammer the other way (so the head is behind you). Swing it up, and when it is horizontal (or pointing slightly upward), push it a little higher and make a face like a Spartan. It's just like you're aiming a spear or javelin, to throw at a charging enemy.

I recommend you do not actually chuck the shovelglove. Mine is 10 pounds.

I'd say this is a fairly light arm, shoulder, and core workout.

I have a couple more moves, but I'm waiting to post them until you guys tell me if this is any good, or if I just look like an idiot.
-isaaclyman-

botulf2000

Post by botulf2000 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 am

I liked the "dramtic reading", it helps to set the mood.

And a small variatin (that I'll try when doing "Aim the spear" in my training) is to imagine holding a shield in the other hand, and to keep the shield/hand between myself and the imaginary opponent.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Very cool! I like the facial expressions, too. Must be a crazy good workout for your cheek muscles. :-)

Please do post more stuff -- I'll stick this in the movements registry page when I get a minute later today.

As for the melodrama -- encore. "Acting," even when you're doing the movements relatively straight, is a big part of the appeal of shovelglove. It gets your interest involved, and perhaps even, in some cases, other people's.

Reinhard

Kevin

Love the tongue in cheek approach

Post by Kevin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 pm

The dramatic reading, setting the scene, performing the move with facial expression... that was fun.

I'm wondering how Aim the Spear would work if you followed through into a spear throwing leg position? I'm going to give it a try. with a light hammer.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

menachem

I enjoyed this video

Post by menachem » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:27 am

I enjoyed this video, especially the voice over. Have you made any more videos?

alessiomarkz

Re: I enjoyed this video

Post by alessiomarkz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:06 pm

menachem wrote:I enjoyed this video, especially the voice over. Have you made any more videos? https://phenq-reviews.com/uk/
All of these are not equally be suspended because of there voice over's