Handing Up Supplies?

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
storm fox

Handing Up Supplies?

Post by storm fox » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi, all
I was thinking along the lines of a scenario (classified for now), and thought of this move, which I call "handing up supplies," for now. If this is someone else's move, please let me know and I won't take credit for your work.
Procedure:
SG is head down, handle up
grab SG as near the head as necessary
Flip the lever, but hold at the top. This is why you may need to grab close to the SG's head.
Press the SG overhead
reverse

This movement is to mimick the act of picking up a bag, can, or other object, and handing it to a person above you (i.e. on a ladder or reaching down from a higher floor). I may still decide to do hoist the sack in the final scenario, but I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone finds it interesting.

david

Post by david » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:46 pm

I do this as part of a complex.

1) first half of flip lever (the lifting part)--all the way to the shoulder
2) at top of flip lever, press overhead, arm fully extended and vertical
3) hoist sack
4) at the top/arm extended position, lower your arm until it's parallel with the floor, but keep the arm extended. (be careful)
5) draw the hammer into your shoulder
6) second half of flip lever (the lowering part)

I call it an arm complex. I usually do it with a hammer in each hand, that way I can alternate sides easily.

--david