Churn Butter - Behind your back

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
ZTor

Churn Butter - Behind your back

Post by ZTor » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:40 pm

EDIT:
Apparently, it's the same as Hoist Sacks - just with both arms. I came across that movement just moments ago :)

My dad (a four-day shugger so far) has been experimenting with the 'glove. After his first session, he told me he tried that Churn Butter thing but behind his back, and that's it was quite an intense movement. I gave it a try, and it has been a part of my routine for the last few days.

So this is how it goes:
- You grab the shovelglove with both hands holding it behind your head.
- Extend your arms, taking them as far as you can backwards (to avoid hitting yourself in the back or the butt).
- Do a curl motion with your elbows, taking the shovelglove down and extending your arms back up (I do 21 reps).

This is great for the back of your arms - which don't get that much workout (or don't burn as much) with the other excercises.

So far, it has the been the most difficult move for me to do.

Try it out, tell me what you think.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:26 pm

No worries, it's like Newton and Leibnitz independently coming up with Calculus. :-)

Reinhard