Samurai Aerobics - with Video!

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
phayze

Samurai Aerobics - with Video!

Post by phayze » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:50 pm

Hey Gang,

I recorded these on the same day as my last vid, but didn't have time to get them edited together . . . until now. There are some things about this one that I'm not entirely happy with, so I'm going to try to put together one or two short "prequels" to better clarify some of what I'm getting at with it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Keep on Shuggin', and don't break your ceiling fan. ;)

Edit:Individual clips now available! Samurai, Samurai + Thrust, Reverse Samurai
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:45 am

As a fan of swordsmanship, I think these are excellent! Very nice job, I'll have to try these out when I get my own 'glove.
- Your friendly neighborhood vegan, proud shovelglover!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:21 pm

Phayze -- I'm going to create three new discussion threads, once for each movement, just to be consistent with the current paradigm of one discussion per movement. They'll all link back to this thread and the appropriate individual clip. Thank you again! These are great, fun looking moves. I've actually been thinking of taking up Kendo...

Reinhard

phayze

Post by phayze » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:01 am

Neptunus - Glad you like. There's something about shovelglove that just begs for martial-type movements, don't you think?

Reinhard - No, thank you! I'm just trying to give something back to the community in general, and you in particular for all the support I've gotten here over the years.

I highly recommend Kendo. It's huge fun, if you dig having scary guys in armor beating the hell out of you with bamboo while screaming incoherent Japanese. And let's be honest; who wouldn't!? :lol:

Good idea about the separate threads. Any future vids I do will be made with one move each, so that should help keep things organized. I wish I'd thought of that in the first place . . . it would have saved me a lot of time cutting the original videos to ribbons. :p
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words