Moulinet Video

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
phayze

Moulinet Video

Post by phayze » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:13 am

The Moulinet

This is a move I learned in Theatrical Combat. The main goal is to create the appearance of winding up for a really powerful strike with a weapon. In this case, it's a great warmup move that'll work your shoulder mobility and bring your body temp up in a hurry.

Comments? Questions?
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:57 am

phayze --

I'm not sure on which thread to post my THANKS, THANKS, THANKS! These videos are primo -- lots of imagination and good, solid instruction.

For the samurai stuff, I'm too newbie to shovelglove to try it with my sledge, but I am getting the moves down using my Tai Chi bamboo sword sticks (very light weight). Once moves are down, am confident about transferring to SG with good effect. And they are such fun!

(I'm hoping against hope that you're also going to do the Thresh Wheat, SG Punch Variations, Paint the wall, Pull Weeds/Start the Mower, and Canoeing/Paddling Variations alluded to in your "Video Requests for "Non-Canon" Moves?" thread).

And I continue to really enjoy your Pump Water move.

Can't thank you enough, and am so glad Reinhard is putting links out. This is just terrific stuff, and I have to think that even if you don't hear a lot, the whole SG community thanks you so much !!!

(Missed Tux, your assistant, in some of the videos, although as you said, it was more his decision than yours that he appear).

Merci beaucoup, phayze!

phayze

Post by phayze » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:07 am

Dooitashimashiteyo! (Sorry, I don't speak any French. :p)

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm really glad to hear that the effort is appreciated. :) I promise, more are on the way. I've already got a few recorded, but I've decided to leak them out slowly, so that I completely spam the forum. ;)

The bamboo sword is a great idea for the samurai moves! In fact, I was doing the same thing last Saturday with my bokken. The lighter tool helps you really feel out the movement, and when you're used to it you can go really fast for cardio. I think that the Reverse Samurai is actually the easier of the three variations, so you might consider starting there when you're ready to try it with your hammer.

Oh, and don't worry: I'm sure Tux will be making another appearance. I can't do much without his input on it. ;)
1 Picture = 1,000 words

dai479

Great!!

Post by dai479 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:25 am

Wow!!

Those are some great videos!! Very creative moves!! Can't wait to try some of them!!

phayze

Post by phayze » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:25 am

Glad you like them! Let me know what you think after you've given them a shot. I'd love some feedback.
1 Picture = 1,000 words