Having to use s days.

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
Monch66

Having to use s days.

Post by Monch66 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey guys,

I got the yearly flu but its killing me to have to use s days for this. I know that exercising while your sick can do more harm than good but, after 5 weeks at walking and shovel glove, my routine is all messed up now. I kind of feel let down. is this normal?

thanks in advance.

Monch

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi Monch,

First off, sorry for the delayed response.

Secondly, I hope you are feeling much better now and that therefore this is no longer a pressing issue!

Thirdly, I totally get what you're saying. And there is an option open to you: a token workout that is barely a workout, but keeps the habit going.

I resort to these every now and again. Remember, the only hard parameter of shovelglove is the 14 minutes. You could pick up a sledge and just sort of pass it from one hand to the next and it would technically count. And hell, if you're sick, even the hard parameter could soften to say 7 minutes or so. It might not do a whole lot for your muscles, but it can boost your morale, and (most important) keep the habit from degenerating.

Reinhard

Monch66

Post by Monch66 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks Reinhard,

it was easy to get back on-track and i am happy to say that since i started in july my waist has gone from a 48" to a 38" I cant thank you enough for this program.

Monch.

slothlike

Post by slothlike » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:55 pm

10" loss? Wow! Nice job.