Timothy's Shovelglove 101

Which movements do you do? How many reps? In what order? When? Do you mix in other non-shovelglove moves? Post here or browse to get ideas.
Timothy

Timothy's Shovelglove 101

Post by Timothy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:45 am

Hi everyone! I've only been shugging for three months now, but I absolutely love it and haven't done any other weight training, except for bodyweight exercises and the odd rock hoist.

I enjoyed it so much that I wrote an illustrated guide:

http://www.urbanprimalist.com/id3.html

I'm a total neophyte compared to you all, but here's what's unusual about my guide:

* Using only shovelglove for weight training, I went from life-long flabby to fairly ripped in a very short time (see the before and after pics on my site)
* I studiously avoided viewing videos and move descriptions, hoping that inventing motions from scratch might generate a few new ideas
* I have three more installments planned in the beginner's guide, including defensive maneuvers
* I incorporated shovelglove into my paleo lifestyle program (Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint), and some from my community are already hopping on board the shovelglove express

If you're curious for yet another perspective on shovelglove from an enthusiastic beginner, I hope you'll enjoy what I put together.

Hail the glove,
Timothy

blujay

Post by blujay » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Nice article. Keep it up!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Timothy,

I'm sorry I didn't comment on this sooner (just started a new job this week and you know how that is :-)).

This is amazing -- a fantastic contribution to the shovelglove "community."

Between your site, phayze's videos, and fungus's meticulously documented hammer "mods" I feel like shovelglove has grown beyond one guy's quirky idea.

As soon as I come up for air I'm going to add a prominent link to this from the home page.

THANK YOU!

Reinhard

guille

Post by guille » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:17 am

hi

im startinng my own rutine with shovelglove, i love it , but i plan on doing it 2 times per week(not 5 as its more common here)

and the rest of the days do active rest with intu-flow(scott sonnon)

my question is

i understand that you follow the shovelglove as straight training 2 or 3 times per week, and the rest of the time for rest, how has that worked for you? considering that 2 times per week lets you more rest, what are your results in streight and all

harrissteve11

Post by harrissteve11 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:42 am

oh great, so finally you will do it 2 times per week !
harris steve

hukuje

Post by hukuje » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:54 am

After share of this active link in this post you did very good job buddy, now people can easily get it without waste of time. Researchers can easily hire help from best dissertation editing service for their works on cheap charges.