Jordonk27's routine (and progress)

Which movements do you do? How many reps? In what order? When? Do you mix in other non-shovelglove moves? Post here or browse to get ideas.
jordonk27

Jordonk27's routine (and progress)

Post by jordonk27 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:47 pm

I've been shovelgloving since November, so I thought it would be useful for me to keep track of my routines and progress here.

Here's my current routine (all are right, then left):

21 shoveling
21 churn butter
21 hoist sack
21 chop wood
14 flip the lever
21 driving fence posts
21 shoveling
14 churn butter
21 hoist sack
21 chop wood

In spite of doing this for almost 5 months, I haven't noticed any physical changes, other than that my upper arms are bigger and that I don't have to suck in my stomach as much to see that I have abs. I'm probably stronger, though I rarely have to prove my strength, so it's hard to tell.

Why the lack of physical change? It could be a lot of things, but I think it's significant that I'm using a rather light (8 lbs.) hammer. I know I shouldn't get hung up about it, but I've been building habits very well (haven't missed an N-day yet) and I feel like I should reward myself for it by getting a more effective (heavier) hammer.

Before I upgrade, I plan to throw some new moves into the mix: enough so that I don't have to repeat so many. Chop the tree sounds simple enough, so I'll probably start it tomorrow. I may also change the order so that shoveling doesn't follow driving fence posts, as that tends to hurt my wrists, particularly my right one, despite my best efforts.