Some nuggets from my routine

Which movements do you do? How many reps? In what order? When? Do you mix in other non-shovelglove moves? Post here or browse to get ideas.
CaptainKronos

Some nuggets from my routine

Post by CaptainKronos » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:08 am

Okay, I confess, I've lurked here on and off for about 3 years, even used to do some "drumming" with two small sledges I had. I bought a dvd a while back called "Forza: the samurai sword workout", which I enjoyed. I eventually evolved into more of what people here are doing. Anyway, I do a couple moves I've not seen here, though I doubt I've "invented" anything. I do a move I call the "Flagman", like I'm holding a flag in front of me, military style, bottom hand a few inches out front, not resting on my body. The top hand is palm facing me. Then, holding the bottom hand in place, I do large circles with the upper hand, pulling back hard on the retraction portion of the circle. On the full extension of the arm, let the handle roll or slide all the way down the fingers before jerking it back. This move is a killer on the biceps and shoulder of the working arm. I also do "haymakers", where I hold one end close near my ribs, then the other hand with overhand grip throws big looping circular punches, crossing to the opposite side of the body. this particularly targets punching muscles for martial arts types, and also works the core pretty well with the twist as you cross the body. Anyway, I enjoy this site, what an awesome workout. I also usually invert my hammer, with the head on the floor, and use the handle to balance me as I crank out some Hindu deep knee bends, without losing a beat, work the legs right into the routine.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks for de-lurking and sharing these "nuggets!"

Squats crop up a lot here, with or without the sledge.

Reinhard