My new training protocol.

Which movements do you do? How many reps? In what order? When? Do you mix in other non-shovelglove moves? Post here or browse to get ideas.
GDA9

My new training protocol.

Post by GDA9 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:10 am

As stated on my introductory post, I have been doing strength training for a while.

Recently I relocated to China so I have had to keep my training as minimalistic as possible. For this reason I have been using new tools: a pair of kettlebells, gymnastic rings, a backpack full of plates and a shovelglove.

After exchanging a couple of emails with Timothy of Urban Primalist, following his suggestion I have decided to follow this protocol: Shugging and upper body (pull ups, dips, press ups, etc) on M, W & F, focusing on muscle-building explosive movements (as outlined in his website), 30-40 minutes; and lower body (squats, lunges and walks with a heavy backpack, pistols and/or kettlebell swings) on T, Th & Sat. I would take Sunday off.

Since I will be performing muscle-building explosive movements on the shovelglove, I decided to to it on alternate days to allow my upper body to recover more efficiently (this takes about 48 hours). The same goes for my lower body. Instead of doing it in 3 full body sessions a week only, I decided to split the protocol for two reasons - a) the workouts would get too long, risking overtraining (I want to keep them under 30 mins, ideally), and b) I enjoy exercising daily.

I'll be posting any updates on this protocol soon!