Thirteenth year

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DaveMc

Thirteenth year

Post by DaveMc » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:56 pm

Huh. I thought I was a bit last in posting this annual update, but I didn't know the half of it. I thought I was late as in "it's now August and my NoS anniversary is in July" -- but in fact, I appear to have missed my 2021 update completely, meaning that I'm over a *year* late! (Unless I posted something and I just can't find it ...)

Anyway. I haven't been on the boards, but I've been out here practicing NoS for another two years, and nothing has changed in any essential way: I stick to the plan during the week, and have some treats over the weekend (and on holidays). I think I've grown a bit less strict about the "no seconds" rule, which I try to honour (Canadian!) in spirit by not just continuing to eat absent-mindedly, but I'm no longer quite so attentive about whether my consciously-chosen amount of food literally fits on a single plate. (To my mind, "no seconds" was never really about the plates, it was about not continuing to eat without thinking about it.)

My weight and health remain good, and I'm happy to chug along with NoS providing a baseline structure to my eating habits.

To any newcomers: welcome aboard! Come on in, the water's fine, and very calming once you get over the (admittedly high!) hurdle of establishing the habit in the first place.

Here's my last post, and each one links to the year before, so if you felt so inclined you could follow this back to the dawn of time (or to 2010, which is about the same thing as the Internet marks time):

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12437&p=203443#p203443

Best regards,
DaveMc

Amy3010

Re: Thirteenth year

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:15 am

Well done, Dave, and thanks for letting us know that the habit continues to serve you so well! :mrgreen:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:16 pm

So happy to hear no-s is still working for you and thank you for letting us know!

(and the links back to the dawn of time!)

I keep thinking I should shut these old boards down since so much the traffic has moved to FB, but posts like this (and all that history) remind me why they're still valuable even in their current under-maintained state.

Reinhard

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:09 pm

FB would be FaceBook? I'm afraid I'd never see anything happening over there, so I do appreciate that these boards still technically exist ...

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:02 am

Good to hear from you Dave about your continued success.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right