4 years and still enough (yearly check-in with pics)

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

chentegt

4 years and still enough (yearly check-in with pics)

Post by chentegt » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:16 pm

It's been 4 years already since I decided to stick to NO S Diet for real and make it a lifelong habit. I started in january 2011.

I have mantained a 10 pound loss all of these years (162 pounds; 152 now), enough to feel and look thin, strong, and don't worry anymore about diet and exercise. This plan + moving more is enough to enjoy life without a beer belly.

My way of eating is still the same, plain vanilla NoS. I just try to have at least my breakfast "optimized" (oatmeal + fruits) but I don't worry if some days it doesn't happen.

I don't drink as much alcohol as I used to do a few years ago (I don't get drunk), but I still enjoy my beers or rum occasionally. I try to stick to glass ceiling and if I break the 2-limit rule, I just aim to get a sweet buzz and stop. I'm very glad I can manage to do it, it feels great, much better than getting wasted.

As for exercise, in 2014 I joined a gym with the goal of gaining some muscle and I can say, one year later, that it worked successfully with No S Diet. The routine has been all about free weights, combined with running on "rest days".

I do, however, think I may get back into shovelglove this year, because that's the exercise I love and enjoy the most, and because I "discovered" that I actually had muscles before, and they were enough.

Actually, I recently bought a 20-pound hammer that I've used a few times, so it may be sooner than I think. Also, my wife and I are expecting our first baby for this year so I will also appreciate the extra time.

Here are a few pics of my before and my "durings" through the years. Thanks a lot in advance for all your comments.

http://imgur.com/a/G1Vg4

Greetings to all!

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Congrats on sticking to the habit and maintaining! That is inspiration for someone like me, who is about a month into No S.
enough to feel and look thin, strong, and don't worry anymore about diet and exercise
I especially like the "don't worry" in this quote!

Great job and thanks for sharing your experience!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:26 am

chentegt,

So glad to hear (and see!) from you again.

As you know, nothing makes me happier than "more of the same" testimonials like this, because maintenance is much harder than rapid weight loss.

I'm also happy to hear glass ceiling is working for you, and that you're giving shovelglove another go as well!

Congratulations to you and your wife! Rest assured that no-s (and the rest of the everyday systems) are quite compatible with a growing brood (we're on our third).

Reinhard

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:09 am

Congratulations! Vanilla No-S is my favorite flavor, too! :-)
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Congratulations, chentegt. I have to say that you looked great before, and even better during!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Congratulations on your continued success. I love that you can just live your life without self-judgement and accept that good enough is really good enough. Thanks for posting.

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon May 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks so much for posting this, with pictures as well! Looking good.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

losingforgood

4 Years and still enough (yearly check-in with pics)

Post by losingforgood » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Congratulations! You look fantastic! Just goes to show, complicate diets aren't necessary. It's inspring to see people keeping the weight off for the long-term, and not kiling themselves doing it. :)
I Corinthians 10:13-14; "No temptation has ceased you except what is common to man..."

Tombo

Post by Tombo » Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for sharing your success, you look in great shape in the photos your shared!

It's great that No S has worked for you!!!