Ironchef Testimonial - 5 years on No S

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ironchef

Ironchef Testimonial - 5 years on No S

Post by ironchef » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 am

The basics:
Female
Age 38
5 years on habit
Height 172cm (5'8")
Frame Small (wrist < 9cm)
During weight July 2017 60.5kg (133 pounds), BMI 20

Previous testimonials:
Year 1
Year 2
Year 3
Year 4 - oops, missed a year. What can I say, life moves pretty fast!

The bit where I blather on:

5 years on I continue to maintain my loss. My kids just turned 2 and 5, and I started this journey just after I had my first bub.

I weigh most days (but certainly not all) and calculate a trend using the Hacker's Diet. I follow the rules of No S, with no mods. I experimented for a while with keeping S treats for "in company", but with 2 small children this felt a bit too confining, so I gave it up.

From time to time life gets away from me, but after a few days I remember why I love No S and get back on track. I've gone through periods of more or less posting on the boards, and I find this a wonderful place for support, advice or when my habits just need a "tune up". Consistent routine exercise remains a challenge to me, but cycling to work helps, and as the kids get bigger it is easier to walk places together. Perhaps as the demands of early parenting reduce, finding consistent time every day will be easier.

One interesting benefit of No S is that I've been able to keep a smaller wardrobe as I'm not changing sizes. After 5 years I've felt confident to just jettison anything that doesn't fit, instead of keeping it "just in case".

As always, grateful to Reinhard for the system, and glad to have found this simple, humane way to deal with our modern overabundance.

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Congratulations on your continued success! :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

Tombo

Post by Tombo » Wed May 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks for sharing, it is great that this is working so well and it gives the rest of us here hope that it will work for us too!

It's great that you have more control over your wardrobe now also