Back after a 5 year stop

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Just do it

Back after a 5 year stop

Post by Just do it » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Hello!
I am looking for support from anyone who is a "vanilla" no s from the beginning. I read the book and started in January of 2014. I was running/working out (not too extremes) and lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks! I was never starving, AND the most fun was on Saturday nights I allowed myself that bowl of popcorn and a beer even if I didn't want it. During the week I did not cheat. The thing is now, I have gone through menopause and cannot lose any weight. I will play around with 2-3 pounds of water weight but nothing sticks. I have added a horrible habit of Coca cola every day (1/2 can) at lunch and must have chips with my sandwich. Lunch is my downfall. I recently have had some stress in my life and have also been eating ice cream in the evening. I am hoping to get a hold of these bad habits soon. When I see the scale move it excites me to keep going; progress is powerful. I had myself back in 2014 to the point that I would not eat anything out of a box, or a potato chip or anything that I considered fake food. I have gained back the 12 pounds + an additional 3. :(
My trainers (no longer with one) had told me I need to eat more calories. I need to lift more weights. UGG!

I am getting ready to hit the road No S this coming Monday May 6th. I don't want to count calories anymore, macros, ANYTHING. Just my 3 plates a day. Can a get a "hell yeah Cindy you can do this"? Please?? Anyone else slip and fall and come back?

Thank you group!

Just do it

Re: Back after a 5 year stop

Post by Just do it » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:58 pm

I wanted to add my weight:

Current 149# I am 5.5"
2014 start weight at 144# - after No S 132# and leveled off at 134#. My BMI is high normal.

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:13 pm

Just do it wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:55 pm
Hello!
I am looking for support from anyone who is a "vanilla" no s from the beginning. I read the book and started in January of 2014. I was running/working out (not too extremes) and lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks! I was never starving, AND the most fun was on Saturday nights I allowed myself that bowl of popcorn and a beer even if I didn't want it. During the week I did not cheat. The thing is now, I have gone through menopause and cannot lose any weight. I will play around with 2-3 pounds of water weight but nothing sticks. I have added a horrible habit of Coca cola every day (1/2 can) at lunch and must have chips with my sandwich. Lunch is my downfall. I recently have had some stress in my life and have also been eating ice cream in the evening. I am hoping to get a hold of these bad habits soon. When I see the scale move it excites me to keep going; progress is powerful. I had myself back in 2014 to the point that I would not eat anything out of a box, or a potato chip or anything that I considered fake food. I have gained back the 12 pounds + an additional 3. :(
My trainers (no longer with one) had told me I need to eat more calories. I need to lift more weights. UGG!

I am getting ready to hit the road No S this coming Monday May 6th. I don't want to count calories anymore, macros, ANYTHING. Just my 3 plates a day. Can a get a "hell yeah Cindy you can do this"? Please?? Anyone else slip and fall and come back?

Thank you group!
Hi Cindy, Hell yeah, you can do this. And speaking for myself, and a "few" others, I've slipped a few times and come back. Since I'm male, can't relate to menopause other than what my wife, and many other acquaintances have told me about being unable to lose weight after that happens. I believe that men of that age experience something similar, but this is purely anecdotal on my part. I am close to being vanilla NoS with only fruit mods as my one mod. Again no scientific papers to back this up, other than my mom telling me as a teenager, that she doesn't know a lot of people getting fat eating fruit. I guess my only question to you or anyone else postponing starting NoS, is why wait until May 6th? Just decide today to go for it. We all want to delay starting. It doesn't matter to me when you start, it's just always puzzled me on waiting. Welcome back.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Just do it

Post by Just do it » Wed May 01, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi,
Thanks for responding! I did start today! I asked myself that same question. Why wait until May 6th?

Thanks so much for the support. :)

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat May 04, 2019 11:21 pm

I totally think you can do this, but you might have to do biohacking and experimenting along the way. Especially since you are already NOT overweight, you may have to do something beyond Vanilla eventually. But if you're currently just starting Vanilla, I bet you'll see some nice successes for awhile. For the moment, just getting some nice basic NoS habits in place will make you feel so much more confident and empowered.

Oh, and I always love starting on an S Day! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:26 am

I lost all my weight after menopause. Much heavier start, but same height. I stabilizeded at 145-ish for a few years. I modded for other reasons and am mostly below 140, but I don't think Vanilla could have gotten me or keep me here. I mod for reasons other than weight loss. I find it too stressful to try to lose weight! But i also find it stressful to feel like I'm overeating.

At least do Vanilla for a few months and see where you land. The peace itself may be enough.

You might also consider perusing and posting on this thread on the main board:

https://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopi ... &t=10878[u][/u]
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)