No S has offered effortless maintenance to me!

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Thisisnotabadidea-

No S has offered effortless maintenance to me!

Post by Thisisnotabadidea- » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Long time no see, I've been doing no S with my own "rules" for about 1.5 years now. I went into No S not really wanting to lose weight, but to stabilize. At first I actually gained a bit of weight but for the last oh...year I've averaged a weight of 137, with lows of 133 and highs of 140 but that seems to be normal flux that don't seem to matter because I go back to 136-137 within weeks. In all No S has ended up being exactly what I wanted it to be, a happy medium between dieting and not dieting while staying within a healthy range of weight.

For my changes to the no s rules
I don't have S days, I just accept some days are going to be "hungrier" days than others. As long as I don't feel like it's been a long string of out of habit days I don't worry about what day it is when I might have a small snack or a little extra.
Likewise I don't worry about the "no sweet" rule, Sugar doesn't make me binge and as long as it's with a balanced meal it doesn't really effect me negatively. So I have waffles with eggs for example, or a latte in the morning. The only thing I rein in is I try not to have too many sweet drinks because sodas and the like are my weakness.

Other things I've found along the way.
I don't keep up with red vs green days anymore because I just simply don't care to quantify that anymore. So somedays I might have a handful of grapes outside of meal time, or a bite of something but...whatever who cares! I know most of my days I eat 3 sometimes 2 if it's a big meal or I wake up late and that's good enough.
I use to weigh every single day, but now it's like once every 2 weeks because it's boring seeing the same weight, but that's exactly the point!
Likewise eating is kind of mundane again, it's not like with dieting where I think about what I'm eating 24/7. It's like "oh hey it's 4pm I should eat" and then I go on with my day. I've found old hobbies I enjoy again, I'm less depressed about the whole thing.

All around I'm happy for the stability of No s, it's easy, I don't have to think about my weight or what I'm eating. I just eat whatever I want and I almost magically stay the same weight. Honestly it's been the best thing I've ever found and sometimes I want to lose a few extra pounds to my lowest weight but then I realize I'm happy with where No S puts me so why worry about something like that?

Soprano

Re: No S has offered effortless maintenance to me!

Post by Soprano » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Great post, much the same for me except I did join to lose weight and whilst I'm happy where I am I could do with losing more.

I know how to tweak it to do that and will continue to do that when I'm ready.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Great update, TINABI!!! So fun to hear from you! Happy Halloween! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Very nice! When something is working, no need to change it. Good job.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Octavia

Post by Octavia » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:23 am

Really encouraged by your post, TINABI! I feel that too, that No S is a happy medium between dieting and not dieting. Well done on your maintenance!