1 year ago...

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

1 year ago...

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:59 pm

1 year ago... I started no S. I quickly lost 20 pounds and gained a false sense of security. I then started doing "my own thing" around Christmas time and ended up gaining it all back over a 4 month period. I again started No S with great enthusiasm and issued monthly challenges to gain support and give support. I lost the 20 again and 6 more. By my 1 year anniversary with No S I had lost at least 26 and again gained a bit of my false confidence... I should have posted here then. But I started sparkpeople and gained back 5lb. in 3 quick weeks. So, I'm back and hopefully I've learned my lesson. I've learned to stick with No S. It's the most normal way to eat. I'm learning slowly but surely, and I'm healing from the inside!

Thank you Reinhard!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Kevin

Re: 1 year ago...

Post by Kevin » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Been there. Done that. I'm back for the same reasons.
~reneew wrote:1 year ago... I started no S. I quickly lost 20 pounds and gained a false sense of security. I then started doing "my own thing" around Christmas time and ended up gaining it all back over a 4 month period. I again started No S with great enthusiasm and issued monthly challenges to gain support and give support. I lost the 20 again and 6 more. By my 1 year anniversary with No S I had lost at least 26 and again gained a bit of my false confidence... I should have posted here then. But I started sparkpeople and gained back 5lb. in 3 quick weeks. So, I'm back and hopefully I've learned my lesson. I've learned to stick with No S. It's the most normal way to eat. I'm learning slowly but surely, and I'm healing from the inside!

Thank you Reinhard!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Me too...I have a feeling many of us have done the same thing...and many of us more than once. I think it takes a loooong time to rid our brains of that little seed that still believes there is a more magical, easier, faster, or better way to go about losing weight. We falter, realize the folly of our ways, and come back to NoS again because we know it works.
And you're right Renee, the healing begins on the inside.

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:29 pm

You're very welcome, ~reneew! Thank you for posting here. You've clearly had a good taste of how effective (and pleasant) No-s can be.

Best wishes at getting it to stick for good this time,

Reinhard