New to this forum--not new to No S

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CptSpacely

New to this forum--not new to No S

Post by CptSpacely » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:14 pm

This is my first post on this forum, although I'm not new to No S. I recently had the opportunity to plug No S on another forum that I frequent (www.videofitness.com). I received a private message from someone inquiring about my experience with No S, and I wrote up a little something for that person that I thought I'd share here. It's a very modest success story, but a success nonetheless. Here it is in its unedited glory (the private message system at the other site constrained my message to 1000 characters):

I can't say that I'm a good poster child for the No-S diet, because I really didn't have a lot of weight to lose. There are quite a number of people over at the No-S diet bulletin boards/testimonals page and so forth that are better examples than myself, not to mention the inventor of the diet himself. That being said, I started the No-S diet in something like April of 2008 and lost a total of about 8-10 pounds in a period of a couple of months. At the time I was gradually gaining weight, and starting to really worry about it. I had previously lost quite a bit of weight (25-30 lbs) before my wedding 11 years ago, first doing low-carb (which I HATE) and later doing WW, and I'd managed to maintain about 20lbs of that weight loss through a combination of exercise and periodic banishing of certain things from my diet (dairy, sugar, etc.). But I got pretty worn down on the whole diet mentality, and the guilt associated with eating foods that I love (pizza, sweets, etc.). Now, I've maintained the small weight loss I got with No-S over the last couple of years and the diet has simply become a way of life for me. What I love is that it allows me to stop obsessing about food, and feeling guilty about having the occasional indulgence (ice cream on weekends, etc.). I'm 5'6", and I wear a size 6/8, so I'm certainly not someone who fits into the teeny-tiny super fit category, but I'm a healthy weight and would generally be considered reasonably trim. Could I stand to lose another 10lbs? Sure, but I'd have to restrict my diet more than I want to right now, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feeling of not obsessing or worrying about food anymore.
~Stacy

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:41 pm

I absolutely love this post!!!!

The thought of not obsessing over food, counting calories, or counting points is outstanding in itself. I feel I'm at the point you were, tired of yo-yo dieting and feeling guilty for eating foods that I like. I will be beginning No-S again, for the 3rd time, on Monday.

Thanks for this encouraging post!!!

CptSpacely

Post by CptSpacely » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Best of luck to you! I hope that the 3rd time is the charm! :D
~Stacy

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:54 pm

I enjoyed your post. I also don't have a lot to of weight that I need to take off, but I'm tired of points, calories and to much restriction.