First Ten Report

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Naebird

First Ten Report

Post by Naebird » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi all! I just realized I actually qualified for this. Yay me!!

I will tell you a bit about myself (even though some of this is in my siggy.) I am a tall, tall 35 year old woman at 5'11. My height hides a LOT of weight. In high school when I weighed about 155-160, and that was a good weight for me, when I got below 155 my mom would keep saying I looked too thin and she was right. I would get really boney looking below that weight threshold.

So, this past July 24th I started No-S after stepping on the scale and realizing, "OMG I am 220, I haven't been 220 since I was 8 months pregnant with my son!" That was just not going to work. That was the heaviest I had ever been, I don't want to see that number. 218....well I can be in denial about that :roll: but 220!!! No way.

I had stumbled upon No-S last fall and did it for about a week and lost a few pounds and then I promptly forgot about it. Yep, I have the attention span of a bird I swear.

Anyway, so I started in on No-S full speed ahead. After a week or so (attention span remember) I got back on the website and found the bulletin board. I have found the daily checkin to be very valuable because if I have to fess up what I am doing it keeps me more honest.

I also love the habitcal, I get a crazy amount of happiness clicking those green days off. (I am a dork, which is fine with me!)

I use the habitcal to track my exercising. I found shovelglove to be very entertaining, and it appeals to the farmgirl I used to be back in the day. So I started with an 8 pound sledge and 7 minutes, because I was really wimpy. But I am now up to 11 minutes. Next week will be 12.....and I will almost be up the the 14 minute timeframe with the rest of the shuggers! How exciting!!

I have also made a commitment to walk at least 30 minutes a day. I give myself a floating exempt day once a week off from walking but find that I like it so much that I have only taken two days off the whole month of August.

All these changes has brought about weight loss. I am now about 12 pounds down in a little over a month. This sounds insane to me. I can hardly believe it. Of course I have never really been on a serious "diet" in my life, excepting about 2 ill-concieved attempts to try and count calories that defeated me after less than a week. Stupid math, stupid homecooking that doesn't have calorie counts......argh. I hated counting calories.

At first I thought, well, some of this is water weight. I can't possibly be losing weight so successfully but now, although I am amazed, I am starting to accept that this really, reallly works well for me. I like how I feel when I have a nice appetite before meals. I love how I can eat dinner with my family and not even worry about it.

I am so thankful that I stumbled upon this site and that I have a place to keep myself focused. Everyone here is so supportive. I just appreciate it so much, words can never say.

I am expecting to report my 10% mark by the end of the year. (I'm in no hurry although I seem to be losing fast........not complaining by the way.) That 22 lbs sure seems a lot more doable than it did when I started.

I'll be back!!! (Did you like my Arnold impersonation there?? lol.)
SW - 220 (started July 21, 2011)
CW - 208.4
GW - 165ish

5'11, 35 year old, girly girl

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle

Naebird- Getting healthier everyday!!

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Whooooo Hoooooo!

milliem

Post by milliem » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Brilliant, well done Naebird!!

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:55 am

Keep up the good work! I agree that Habit Cal is ridiculously fun and easy. I also hate any kind of tracking counting journalling etc.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 am

Congratulations! And I second your thrill with how well NoS can work. Three years into this and I am still amazed at how wonderfully well NoS fits into my life: good appetite, good food, good living!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Wow! Thanks for posting your testemonial!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2
72 lbs lost in 19 wks 5' 6.5" 31 years old BMI 23.1
counting bites go to: countyourbites . blogspot . com

Clarica

Post by Clarica » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:48 am

awesome! great progress. But any progress will do, if it's as easy as NO S. :)
Looking for intelligent daily defaults of all kinds.
http://claricaandthequestion.blogspot.com/

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:25 pm

MANY CONGRATULATIONS !!!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:15 am

wonderful encouraging post