Is this an S?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

Is this an S?

Post by doulachic » Mon May 29, 2006 1:22 am

"Discovered" a new treat this weekend...well, more like a variation of an old favorite..Peach Cobbler/Crisp....anyway, i took some frozen unsweetened peaches and defrosted them in the microwave, then i cooked them a little longer to warm them up...then i took about 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and a little cinnimon and mixed it up...YUM! it was almost as good as cobbler (well, the filling anyway)

my question, with the very small amount of brown sugar, would this be considered an S? i know Reinhard says that we can put sugar in our coffee, oatmeal, etc. on N days, so i think this would be ok. ( i don't use sugar in coffee or anything, just an example)

any thoughts? I would like to have this as a treat now and then if i get to craving sweets on N days (with a meal, of course). It really is good. :P
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon May 29, 2006 2:02 am

As long as it's part of your meal it's totally fine :)
Sounds yummy!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

pangelsue

Sugar

Post by pangelsue » Mon May 29, 2006 12:14 pm

I think it depends on how much sugar bothers you. If you can have a teaspoon here or there and you don't crave more, it is, as you said, no worse than a teaspoon in your coffee or on your cereal. If fruit and a little sugar makes you crave sugar all day, then it probably isn't a good thing. I alternate days where I have cereal for breakfast, with days that I have eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast. On the cereal days, I am much more hungry all day long. Also, on weekends, if I start the day off with pancakes or frenchtoast, I am starving all day. Sugar effects everybody differently. I'd go by how it affected your day.