Is today a red or a yellow? WWYD?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ABooth

Is today a red or a yellow? WWYD?

Post by ABooth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:10 am

Last week I had my first week of 5 green n-days and took my weekend S days as scheduled. Even picked going out on Saturday night for my anniversary instead of Friday just to keep it n-day.

Saturday morning I picked 3 gallons of strawberries with my daughter. We made some jam, baked a pound cake to eat with them and froze some. Today we made a fresh strawberry pie with homemade crust. So, I had a piece (like 1/8 of a 9" pie) after dinner. I planned it when I made the pie.

Just wondering what everyone would mark today, red or yellow. Or is this a fail-worthy event?

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:54 am

I would just mark it red. Certainly sounds fail-worthy - yum!

That's just me. Red's don't bother me that much emotionally and I like to mark them "for the record". Then if I get to the end of a few months and I'm not losing or maintaining, I can look back and see whether my HabitCal shows a lot of red and yellow. If the balance looks like there isn't enough green, and the scales say the same, then I can decide to tighten up.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:21 am

I would have gone out on Friday - your anniversary is an S day. However, for me, only the dinner would have been an S, not the whole day.

As for the piece of pie, I agree with ironchef. Sounds like it was completely worth a red day!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ABooth

Post by ABooth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Thanks! When I thought about it later, I realized strawberry season is not a birthday, anniversary, religious or national holiday.

Also, our anniversary was last week, but we are going on vacation next week and going out again w/o the kids (my ILs are going on the trip to keep them that night). That's why I didn't take Friday as an S day.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:42 pm

Also depends how the concoction was made.

I sometimes make a shortcake (no sugar) and cover pieces of it with fruit with a dusting of stevia or a teaspoon or two of sugar and plain yogurt. I do not consider that a fail. But I definitely eat less starch in the rest of the meal, just because otherwise I would get too full.

But if it was more desserty than that, I'd vote for honesty, and either call it a fail, or designate it one of my allowed S days, since you planned for it. I personally try to save those for later in the month, if possible, but that's not necessary.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)