Julia Child

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Julia Child

Post by wosnes » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:24 pm

I"m watching Sara Moulton on PBS. She's making a meal in honor of Julia Child. Sara said, "Julia ate well and she ate smart. She never took seconds and she never smacked." She also believed in everything in moderation with both e everything and moderation receiving equal emphasis.

Go Julia!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Marianna

Post by Marianna » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:37 pm

That Julia! She really understood everything!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:59 am

Amen to that. It's one thing for Aristotle to say "appetite is the best sauce," but in this case, I think Julia Child is even the greater authority.

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 pm

As you can see, I wholeheartedly agree with Julia :)
'I do think the way to a full and healthy life is to adopt the sensible system of small helpings, no seconds, no snacking, and a little bit of everything. Above all, have a good time.' Julia Child

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:11 am

And she cooked with butter. Bless her!
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 am

Over43 wrote:And she cooked with butter. Bless her!
She was asked to contribute recipes to Dr. Dean Ornish's book on reversing heart disease and refused to do it stating that his program didn't fit with her philosophy of eating. She had to have been in her 70s at the time.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."