No s and gluten/dairy free diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Healthiermum

No s and gluten/dairy free diet

Post by Healthiermum » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Do you think this is okay? I have been told by a nutritionist to go dairy and gluten free due to some digestive issues I have been having for years (have done this in the past and it has worked) and just wondering if this will be compatable with no s.
Last edited by Healthiermum on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:26 pm

There is no reason these shouldn't be compatible. Good luck!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Absolutely! Go for it.

I got rid of all dairy protein (casein) for a while to help with my son's skin condition while I was nursing. It fit in with No S just fine, in fact keeping to just 3 eating events a day made it easier to manage.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:55 am

Sure -- I find paleo a bit excessive (do we really need to rewind tens of thousands of years to get fit and thin? I think 3-4 decades would suffice), but it's certainly compatible with No-s.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 am

Yep! I sort of do Paleo (I'm just more lenient with GF grains), and a lot of the Paleo books I've read encourage eating 3 or fewer times a day.

Healthiermum

Post by Healthiermum » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks everyone. I wouldn't be doing proper paleo just been advised to go gluten free at the very least and cut most dairy can still have yoghurt and some cheeses. This is on the advice of a nutritionist so I can heal my digestive issues not to help me lose weight. I was then thinking to continue no s along with it as no s would be the way I would lose weight.

biggirllosesweight

Post by biggirllosesweight » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi I just wanted to leave a comment about this post. My mom is very obese and the doctor said she needed to lose weight fast and get her cholesterol under control. So, she was reading a book called Wheat Belly. It said that due to genetic modification during the early 1970's that wheat was not the same at all as it used to be. So, she stopped eating wheat and kind of combined the no s diet and getting rid of all wheat products. She lost 6 pounds last week and is getting around so much better than she was.
Even though I haven't stopped eating wheat because I love it too much, I think for some people that are extremely heavy set that doing low carb or getting rid of wheat and gluten might really help them a lot.