helpful husband

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Minkymoo

helpful husband

Post by Minkymoo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:37 am

After one successful year of no s, followed by one year of struggling with commitment I think I might just be turning the corner... My husband has decided that he needs to loose weight and will be giving no s a go, as well as embracing an altogether more active lifestyle. Since we have been no s-ing together its all started to click back into place! Also we have had lots of fun walking, playing tennis and running about. For our anniversary we are canoeing down the river wye.
7 years ago we successfully gave up smoking together, i never wanted to restart as I knew he would be disappointed. Maybe this is the final piece of the puzzle.

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:20 am

Hiya,
My boyfriend and I influence each other so much and while he doesn't do NoS he definitely keeps me on the straight and narrow. We both encourage each other to have an active lifestyle as well and it makes all the difference.
So I think it might be the final piece of the puzzle as long as you know your responsibility as well - if you slack he might be influenced to slack, if you are fencing around the law he might too :)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:09 pm

After following No S for something like 5, 6 years, my hubby is finally doing No S lite. He still has a little bit of sugar every day but he's cut way back w/o counting calories or doing Atkins, the way he's lost weight (and gained it back) before.

He's always been active but now he's the lightest he's been in a good 15 years or so. Proud of him!

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Good for him! And good for you two together!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.