Second Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LilyR

Second Day

Post by LilyR » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:41 pm

I followed No S yesterday. I slept so well last night and feel very well this morning. My eating was disordered for most of my 61 years. I'm not overweight, my BMI is in a healthy range, but I don't want to be obsessed with food, calories, carbs, paleo or "how do I think about food?" anymore.

No S feels like a safe place to rest my weary mind! So here goes with day 2. I'm inspired by the posts I'm reading here. Just want to be sane and at peace with food!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Welcome!

No S can be a gentle guide to a realm of peace regarding food, but it got a bit of a leap of faith in it.

If you don't care for weight just enjoy your meals, and trust the rules.

Don't overthink it, just relax.
Spend over 450 Dollar on some Systems, Gadgets and courses = Zero Results

Spend 15 Bucks for a Shovelglove + NoS-Diet= ;)

German by nature

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Welcome!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Belle

Post by Belle » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:14 pm

HI, LilyR,
I am new here too - this is my first week -I am like you - I don't want to count, measure, weigh, track, eat fake foods......no more diet head here.

After only a couple of days, I am so surprised at the difference - the little nagging voices in my head are quiet this week. So nice! They aren't having to track count, etc.

It is so reasonable to count to three plates.

And GermanHerman has given more good advice - just trust the rules.

OH, and don't overthink it, says GermanHerman. I DO think I learned to overthink eating.

This is a great forum.

LilyR

Made it Through Day 2

Post by LilyR » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks for all the supportive posts!

Wow! I made it through day 2. In the past I've had a habit of eating yogurt at night but have made it two nights without a snack. Night time snacking has been a lifelong issue for me. I am amazed that I haven't missed it at all yet! The anxiety from trying to control how much I snacked is gone as I just don't do it! I know I'll be able to indulge on Saturday, so I can relax and let it go. So grateful I found this way of eating. It gives me a sense of security and structure that I think I needed badly. So here I go into day 3.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.