First S Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LilyR

First S Day

Post by LilyR » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Today is my first S day after 3 No S days. Three meals a day seems to comfort me and give me such peace. I eat one meal at a time and so far have had no hunger in between. Last night I wanted to snack just to put something sweet in my mouth. I knew today would be an S day, so it wasn't hard to wait.

So far today I've eaten one portion of yogurt (for me this is a Sweet). It was okay but not as satisfying as I expected. I'm resistant to snacking because I don't want to lose the peace I've been feeling with No S.

Reading all the posts on this discussion board has been so helpful and supportive! I'm also reading the book and feeling more hopeful about my eating than I ever have in the past. I just want to be saner with food!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

LilyR

Post by LilyR » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:17 pm

I just read the transcript of a podcast dealing with modifications to S days. I've decided to incorporate the idea of sitting whenever I snack and not eating out of the box. I need to sit and make the snack an event. I'm so uncomfortable when I graze and eat mindlessly!

More than anything, I repeat, I just want to be saner with my food!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Your snacking may have triggers. While I seldm eat on my feet, I often head to the trough while sitting and watching the tube. And only certain snacks.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Welcome to the boards. My advice regarding your apprehension about S days is to eat what you feel is best for your body. I don't treat any day differently from the rest. But, some people save treats and special items for the weekend (or days they deem "special".)

I did more so in the beginning but then I realized that I was in a diet mindset by doing that - waiting for the perfect opportunity to overeat. Now I just try to treat my body well, occasionally splurge regardless the day, and it has served me very well.

You will find your way, many on here have modified the original concept (as suggested by our founder) and are doing great!

To your health,
Berry

Healthiermum

Post by Healthiermum » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Strawberry roam that's what I have been thinking of doing. S days for me cause diet head and binging which is what I'm trying to get away from
Last edited by Healthiermum on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Strawberry Roan wrote:Welcome to the boards. My advice regarding your apprehension about S days is to eat what you feel is best for your body. I don't treat any day differently from the rest. But, some people save treats and special items for the weekend (or days they deem "special".)

I did more so in the beginning but then I realized that I was in a diet mindset by doing that - waiting for the perfect opportunity to overeat. Now I just try to treat my body well, occasionally splurge regardless the day, and it has served me very well.

You will find your way, many on here have modified the original concept (as suggested by our founder) and are doing great!

To your health,
I have to admit that I never thought about S days adding to the diet mindset, but I can see how it would.

For me the sweet treats have to come at the end of a meal. No snacks. There are rare exceptions to that, but they are just that: RARE.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:59 pm

I think both the podcast and these posts are good insights, but remember this is your very first every S day! Relax, enjoy. Not saying don't do your "sitting" mod, but just that you've got plenty of time to fine tune if you find you need to. You don't need to fix everything about your eating in one week.

LilyR

Post by LilyR » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks for all your replies. Ironchef, I appreciated your comment that "you don't need to fix everything about your eating in one week."