Set times for eating

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

krawford13

Set times for eating

Post by krawford13 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:26 pm

Does everyone have set times for eating? Does anyone ever eat just 3 meals a day but not necessarily breakfast, lunch, dinner. Maybe brunch and then two other meals later on. Maybe you sleep in, have a meal and then the other two later on. I guess what I am asking does anyone go by plates a day instead of established meal times a day? I am just asking because my days are always different. I may or may not be hungry first thing in the morning. I may have to eat my lunch early or late. Same with dinner. I know many have family and jobs that make their lives more structured but I am home during the day, kids are grown, I do work for my husband but at my home office. I just like to eat my 3 meals any time I want. Curious what others do
kat

Healthiermum

Post by Healthiermum » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:33 pm

I eat my meals whenever. Sometimes I'll have the traditional 3 other times I have breakfast dinner and another plate after dinner.

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:17 pm

There's no rules about meal times. In my head, it is 3 plates, timing is personal. I know some people find it easier when they first start out to keep regular times to "train" hunger to turn up at meals.
I've got 3 days a week working and 4 days at home with a toddler, so my schedules on those days look completely different. I've adjusted to a much later breakfast on work days (more a brunch) to avoid a 9 or 10 hour gap between meals.

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:20 am

I agree, there's no rule. I would urge you though to keep enough space between the meals to be able to digest your food.

Brunch, late lunch, late dinner would work for example.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

chomp0

Post by chomp0 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:20 pm

I usually eat my meals at a set time each day, but occasionally I won't be hungry at lunch time and so will delay it for an hour or two. I'll have late dinners whenever I eat out as well.

I don't think it matters when you eat, the most important thing is what and how much you eat. Spread out your meals in whatever way works best for you.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:06 pm

I eat at about the same times every day. Breakfast, if I eat it, is about 7, lunch is between 12-1 and dinner is 6-8 or later. If I don't eat breakfast, I don't have a third plate of food later.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 am

When i started, i kept some narrow windows for every meal. Something like breakfast between 05:00 and 07:00, lunch between 12:00 and 14:00 and dinner between 17:00 and 19:00 i think...

To give it some structure regarding the habit-building.

Today i just eat my breakfast in the morning and the next meal when i'm hungry again (5-7 hours later on most days) and so on...

I'm able to skip one meal a day if necessary, but i avoid that because i lose weight quickly otherwise.
Spend over 450 Dollar on some Systems, Gadgets and courses = Zero Results

Spend 15 Bucks for a Shovelglove + NoS-Diet= ;)

German by nature