Hi Everyone

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mustloseweight

Hi Everyone

Post by Mustloseweight » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:12 am

:?

Signed in and had a good read of the boards tonight to TRY and motivate myself and get back into the groove. I have been flagging reds for so long now that there must be hundreds of bulls queueing up to get me outside my house!

One of the things that sticks in my memory vividly about my last sustained No S period of compliance when I shifted my first stone was that I felt better mentally. I am sure that low fat eating plans make me get depressed and really affect my mood. I also had more energy to do stuff and not just sit around all day doing nothing. More energy to do stuff = do more = more activity in general living = better weight loss.

I think I am suffering from the summer holiday blues. Don't get me wrong, I love having my daughter round the house while school is out, but routine goes out the window, there are more days out, special visits made, more trips to do fun things like tomorrow the theatre, and today a trip to McDonalds with DD and my little niece and I have felt sucked in. mu daughter is 9 and an only child so it can all get a little intense as I have to be Mum and playmate ALL the time! I have had other kids round to play more and she has gone to friends a few times but I am feeling really drained and remembering vividly why I gave up teaching!

I so desperately need to get back on track. Being off track permeates negativity into every area of my life as I am a complete all or nothing person. Wish I wasn't but have to accept and work with it.

However, on a positive note to finish! I have mentally committed to exercising on N days when my daughter goes back to school. I will drop her at school in the mornings and immediately, I will pop one of the countless exercise DVD's into the machine and move. As a young child and teenager I would dance to pop music in the living room believing I was the next Kylie Minogue or something every single day for about half an hour and it made me feel so much better in my head. If I don't do a DVD and am not in the mood to exercise I will fool myself and I will do half an hour dancing on one of the four dancing Wii games we have here.

I also really got into housework before. Shocking for me but I thought about how women were slimmer and had roast potatoes cooked in goose fat etc and the answer was three meals a day, no snacking, hard work cleaning the house every day. I started doing what I called the Victorian housework routine. So, I mopped my wooden floors each day rather than once a week etc. I only seem to clean the house to a daily routine outside school holidays and it gets done erratically when my daughter is off school but not to a routine. God I need structure in my life or it all goes pear shaped.

Anyway, sorry about the rambling. Hope you are all well. Will be about more as I try to get myself back on track.

Anne
September 2017 - Starting weight: 19st 9lbs
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟
Target Weight: 11 stones

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 am

Hi and welcome back, mustloseweight!
It sounds like you have your head in the right space for picking back up with healthy habits when your DD starts back to school. When is that for her?
I agree with you that housework is good exercise. I wish I would do more! I live in a place where many foreigners have house workers, though I do not. I often notice that the workers are slim and think that if I would put a little bit more effort into housekeeping I would be slimmer, too! I also like the Hacker's Diet site for a very short exercise routine. I'm going to try to get back to at least the running in place and jumping jacks part for 5 days per week, starting today.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

Mustloseweight

Post by Mustloseweight » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks for the reply Sonya, I will look up the hacker site.

I hope you are having a good weekend and continue to have a good week ahead.

I certainly find that the more rigorous and regular my housework, the more I see the weight shift.

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Anne :D
September 2017 - Starting weight: 19st 9lbs
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟
Target Weight: 11 stones