New here > WANTED : Friends and support

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Shadowfairy

New here > WANTED : Friends and support

Post by Shadowfairy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 am

I've lost a lot of weight counting calories but I really want to STOP thinking about food as a number!

I plan on doing the NOS diet and also mash in the USDA's half plate rule with it as it's the easiest way to make sure I eat balanced. I've come to HATE it when people think food is all about calories and don't see it for what it is.

It's so hard to stop thinking about the numbers and to stop calculating in my head, but I really want to do it and some support would really be appreciated! :)
Forget everything you learned!

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 am

Welcome! Looking forward to reading your posts.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Shadowfairy

Post by Shadowfairy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 am

eschano wrote:Welcome! Looking forward to reading your posts.
Thanks so much! In the meantime I'll be here reading =P

I guess I'm gaining a little weight back, but I want to get into this habit of eating first before I start worrying about losing again.

And for goodness sake I want to stop thinking about math! I've already calculated in my head the amount of calories in everything I ate today. :-/ darnit. I wish it had an "off" switch.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:04 am

I totally get it! I'm actually still tracking my calories for now, but I'm trying to get away from that and just stick with No S.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Do you cook? If not, eat more homemade food and less prepared-outside-the-home food. I think it's hard to track calories in homemade food without a lot of weighing and a calculator.

I also do the half plate USDA as a guideline rather than a rule. It works for me.

Shadowfairy

Post by Shadowfairy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Blithe Morning wrote:Do you cook? If not, eat more homemade food and less prepared-outside-the-home food. I think it's hard to track calories in homemade food without a lot of weighing and a calculator.

I also do the half plate USDA as a guideline rather than a rule. It works for me.
Hi there! I don't cook often although after the 21st I might start again. Right now I'm living off deli food. It's much cheaper here and it's not standard fast food. They actually cook things like greens and roasted pork chops and pretty much a lot of the things I would make at home.

I also don't know how they are prepared so that's a good thing. :)

Edited to add - their food doesn't come with labels.