new here again..again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tyh428

new here again..again

Post by Tyh428 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:55 pm

I would love to say I'm all bright eyes and busy tailed ready to begin this journey, however I've been here before and fallen off the wagon. Food fills a void for me and I am very much an emotional eater and obsessive eater. Food thoughts and worry dominate my life and thoughts and I'm so tired of it. I now weigh more than ever and something has to change. My son has special needs and learning about his diagnosis send me into a binge eating downward spiral. But things are settling down now and my son is doing well so I'm ready to try again. I'm very scared to be hungry for some reason even though rationally I know it will not hurt me. So the no snacking is very hard for me. Any thoughts or general words of encouragement are welcomed. I also just started a post on the daily check in so I am hoping this keeps me motivated! Thanks for reading [/quote]

Mustloseweight

Post by Mustloseweight » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:05 pm

I totally sympathise as I am the same as you in many ways.

Give it another go and GOOD LUCK.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.
September 2017 - Starting weight: 19st 9lbs
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟
Target Weight: 11 stones

juliek

Post by juliek » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:21 pm

I feel the same way. I am so mad at myself for not being committed enough to stick with this on previous attempts. I am hopeful that this is the time for you and for me. If I could just rein it in from 4-6 pm, I would be a more successful No-Ser. Good luck to you!!!
Last edited by juliek on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julie

catservant

Post by catservant » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am

Ditto! I just have not had either enough self-control or a strong enough desire I guess. I have that same "bad" time of the day, although mine starts at 3:00 pm and lasts through the evening. UGH! Here's hoping for success for all of us!

aspencer27

Post by aspencer27 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Good luck everyone! We can do this! Tyh - you haven't failed, you are trying again and that's what is important. Success is only trying one more time than you fail. Also, with NoS you don't have to (and won't be) perfect. Look at the most recent success story - she has been doing this for 6+ years and lost over 55 pounds and kept it off, and she never once made it a straight 21 days with following the plan perfectly.

For me, not having to be perfect on this plan has really helped. If I have a fail, who cares! One snack isn't going to de-rail me. I just get right back on track. This one thing alone really helps me not give in to the WTH effect and graze/binge the rest of the day after a fail.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading about your successes!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:29 pm

I had fails yesterday and today. Dang! After over 4 years of pretty good success. It's been rocky for months, but the transgressions have been hills, not mountains.

I've got to get back to the place at which I didn't believe I had to have anything else in place in order to eat moderately. Maybe it's just an excuse, but I think I've been grieving over some "losses," things I expected to be different by now, but which aren't. It seems so clear that overeating is not an answer for such problems not only afterwards but even as I'm doing it. Yet the compulsion and the behavior is there.

I'm cycling through a few books: When You Can, You Will, by Lynne Bernfield; Going to Plan B, by Nancy K Schlossberg and Susan Porter Robinson; Recover! Stop Thinking Like an Addict and Reclaim Your Life with the PERFECT Program; and even, I sheepishly admit, The Gabriel Method.

I also need to go back to reading my motivation list and possibly adding to it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

catservant

Post by catservant » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:35 am

Oolala53, I know that my own eating behaviors are pretty deeply ingrained having been in place for 50 years (egads!!!), and I am prepared for it to take quite some time to feel like these habits are established, but I wonder if I will always have to guard against setbacks. You have had such awesome success for such a long time that I am wondering if there was one event that set you up for your slips or a series of things. What strategy do you use to get back on track when slip ups do occur?

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:00 am

It was a change in my appetite and inability to enjoy eating as much as I had been. I keep looking for that pleasure. I still haven't resolved some other issues and have not found other avenues of pleasure and balance. Hard to admit, but I think that's what it boils down to. And the beat goes on.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:44 pm

I am 58, 4 years on No S. I always have to be aware of set backs. Several days in a row of indulgent eating (such as the holidays) can set me off. I guard against this. I can handle S days just fine. It is the celebration eating that often involves family events and goes over a period of 2-4 days that can set me off.

I had a major setback the first few months of this year. This prompted me to be more vigilent of my triggers once I got back on track.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

catservant

Post by catservant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:15 pm

I'm afraid I miss your point, bofafiller. Goethe was an advocate of No S?