New to this

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Libsuth

New to this

Post by Libsuth » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Hello, well I have finally taking the plunge and joined the message board. This makes me feel like I am officially following the NO S Plan.
After the excesses of Christmas and new year, I returned to my local slimming club for what felt like the 100th time. 2 weeks of being told what I can and cant eat and I am the same size and just as miserable about my eating habits.
After lots of soul searching and trying to understand my eating habits I have accepted that I am most definitely an emotional eater. Mealtimes are no bother at all and I enjoy a nice hearty meal but as soon as I have a snack or something I didn’t plan to eat, the guilt kicks in big time and I go into self destruct ‘what the hell, Ive blown it now I might aswel eat all I can today and start again tomorrow’ the problem is tomorrow never comes.
I feel like NO S is my last chance to sort this destructive eating habit and get myself back in control of what and how I eat.
Does this sound like NO S is the right plan for me anyone?????

Skelton

Post by Skelton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello libsuth, and welcome to the forum, which is the friendliest and most supportive message board I've been on.

It does sound to me as if No S will be right for you. Many here started No S with issues around emotional eating, and more serious eating problems, and have found success and control with No S.

Good luck as you start, and do keep posting if you have any questions or need support, the posters here are very helpful.
"We stop looking for the better diet and start looking for a better life." pangelsue

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Welcome! Yes, this is the place, or at least it was for me. At first it is tough but it gets easier over time, promise.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:41 am

Welcome!

Yip, I think you have found a new 'home"!

Read, read & re-read the plan & be strict with compliance of the habits! That is what gets this plan working and eventually it really does just become natural!
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:23 pm

Emotional/binge eating was my issue when I joined over 5 years ago. I had tried many other non-diet approaches, as well as a few diets over my 40 years of stumbling. I'm biased but I can honestly say objectively that No S incorporates just about all the principles of how to deal with a disordered eating pattern.

I got more but I just saw I need to be getting ready for work!
Last edited by oolala53 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:01 am

Welcome to our clubhouse!
Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:03 am

When dealing with disordered eating, it's important to bring some kind of order. Diets usually bring either strict calorie order or food choice order, but they haven't worked very well.

Slim cultures use another kind of order: meal frequency and meal routines. They don't usually eat randomly or graze. They have relatively set ideas for what and how much is eaten at a meal, and not all the meals are the same size. They don't eat large volumes of rich food at a time, though they do eat rich food, and most eat a fraction of the sugar we do.

BED treatment will often stress establishing routine for meals and eating from a wide variety of foods, while improving the quality of the food. Over time, the person is meant to decide how much food at any one time is necessary for satisfaction. She can't just suddenly know, and she has to be able to adjust as time goes on. The process takes from months to years.

No S is pretty close to perfect for that! The weekdays allow for establishing routine in frequency and a cap on the meal size; weekends allow for more leeway.

BED treatment will also try to support the person in facing down the demons in between meals. That's a separate issue from No S (as it is from most diets.) But No S provides a great foundation for a person getting nourished while learning to live life in between meals.

Hope you're still with us!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)