some S's to add

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oolala53

some S's to add

Post by oolala53 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:08 am

On the Sparkpeople No S Diet team I lead, a new member posted her enthusiasm and some S's she added:

SAVOR 3 full-plates a day
Be SELECTIVE - Make SMART, SENSIBLE choices
SKIP the SUBSTANDARD
STOP when you are SATISIFIED (not STUFFED)
STEP it up (get moving)!
STICK with it!

Some of it may be premature, but for eventual guidelines, they're decent back pocket additions.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:37 pm

I think these are excellent general guidelines. I do find that No-S encourages me to make better-tasting as well as healthier meals in general. I suspect my husband wanting me to go back to it was certainly about his perception of my welfare and mental state, but I am sure it was also because I cook better when No-Sing.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Dale

Post by Dale » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:50 pm

They're good, but I don't know if they'd be helpful for me. The thing I love about No S is its simplicity - there aren't lots of rules to remember, and more things to feel guilty about or fail at. But maybe it's just personal. I have had to add in a couple of guidelines for myself, but they don't happen to begin with S :).

Stop when your Satisfied wouldn't work for me. Sometimes I'm satisfied before I start eating, so would end up skipping a meal. I know there's something off about my appetite, so I find it helps me to just eat my planned meals at the planned time rather than question too much.

I do like Stick with it, though!

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:54 pm

I like those S's because they focus on adding something positive, rather than removing something you want.
"No S IS hard... It just turns out that everything else is harder." -oolala53

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Some of these happen automatically for me. The "spotlight" of only 3 plates a day tends to make me pretty selective about what makes it onto that plate, only having treats sometimes means I won't waste my time with substandard goodies, and being hungry for meals generally makes me savour them more.