Not a breakfast eater

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Travis

Not a breakfast eater

Post by Travis » Sun May 03, 2015 6:29 pm

I'm typically not one to get out of bed and eat. For those of you who were also like this before starting No S, how long did it take you to adjust?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun May 03, 2015 9:19 pm

I've never been a breakfast eater. I've been doing this for over 8 years and I'm still not a breakfast eater. I just stick to my two meals and no snacks.

Here's what Reinhard wrote about the number of meals consumed (bold italics mine):
Reinhard wrote:The No S Diet has a little known loophole just for you. If you look closely at the site, you'll notice that nowhere does it specify the actual *number* of meals. Now most people will make a certain assumption, and most people had better stick with that assumption. But if you have a medical condition that requires you to eat more often, you can still do so and be a proud No S dieter. Just make sure to figure out what number of meals is right for you, stick with it (no changing the magic number every day), and invest in some really small plates. And talk to your doctor, of course. As for the rest of you, pretend you never read this. It's for people with doctor's notes only.
Do what works for you!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sun May 03, 2015 10:12 pm

My ideal schedule (when I can swing it), is to get up, walk my dog, set up for the day, meditate, shower and dress, get my son up, then eat breakfast. Or on a work day, I cycle to work and shower first, then eat breakfast at work. So, usually eating at least 2 hours or more after rising. There's no rule that you need to eat first thing, especially if you don't like it.

My easiest No S days look something like: breakfast 9:30am, lunch 2pm, dinner 8pm.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:56 pm

I had been an afternoon-into-night eater. Within a week of ending that, I started to get hungry for breakfast. I don't get so hungry now, but because of my schedule, I do have something. If I were retired, I think I'd have only two meals.

But you can have something very light, and not right when you get up. The French usually have cafe au lait (the only time they put milk in coffee) and a small croissant or just little pieces of toast. Nothing like the breakfasts we think of.

See what happens when you are actually following the program. If you can make it to lunch with nothing, so be it. But if you end up eating lunch early because you get too hungry... time to adjust.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)