Starting No S on Friday: lol

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lesley

Starting No S on Friday: lol

Post by Lesley » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 pm

I started No S today. I really love the idea of it.

I've lost weight through calorie counting and weight watchers before. It's impossible to deny that these plans work. But eventually I always get tired of doing it and balloon upwards again. It's completely unsustainable for 99.9999% of people in my opinion.

I really love the idea of just eating how most thin people around the world do. It's not rocket science. My husband is from Iran and I've learned a lot about how they eat. They eat decent breakfasts, normal lunches, and huge dinners with heroic amounts of (white) rice. Seriously, imagine a huge plate completely full of rice and that's what each person eats *on top of* the main course. Yet they aren't fat. Why? Simple. They don't snack. They don't eat complete crap like candy often if at all. And they walk more (by that I mean, they don't drive to a store that's .5 miles away. Simple stuff.)

As soon as my husband came to the US and started eating like us, he has gained weight also. Disproving the idea that genetics is the reason Americans are fatter than people from other nations.

Anyway, I guess this is just saying "hi". Also commenting on the fact that it's hilarious my first day happened to be on Friday. I'm going to take my S days like normal for the weekend since it seems better to just follow the vanilla plan for now.

Thanks for any comments.

jessand2boys

Post by jessand2boys » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:50 pm

Welcome! I think that's a great way to start - kind of like starting a new job on a Friday. I'm new too, just started on Tuesday.

True point - so many cultures just eat 3 meals a day with plates full of yummy things and stay at a healthy weight.

Kit

Post by Kit » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi, and welcome.

I'm both old and new! I havnt been here for 6 years or so.

There is only one thing better than starting no s on Friday....and that's starting on a Saturday!

Kit

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi, it's nice to have you with us, regardless of the day :wink:

Lesley

Post by Lesley » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:31 am

Thanks for the support. :)

Now to just convince my husband the (one serving) snack cakes I bought for tomorrow are totally part of a legitimate diet.

:oops:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:28 am

I think on my second serious try, which took, I started on a Friday on a little vacation. It worked out well!

I used to live in Iran. I have to say I saw a few chunky people, but not in the numbers that we have. And yes, they eat a MOUNTAIN of rice at a meal. It would make a paleo diet eater cry.

I humbly suggest you don't try to explain anything to anyone. Just talk about how wonderful the food is, and change the subject.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:07 am

Welcome and so funny as I started on a Friday too. :) I think oolala's advice is sound. I didn't even tell my dh I was doing NoS. I think he was so relieved to see me acting normal around food & not complaining about my body all the time that he never said a word about my S day treats.

Best of luck!
Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:37 am

Hi there! I also started on a Friday. I didn't tell my husband about No S either. There was no explanation necessary because I was just eating like a normal person! :) I do think he was surprised when I did sit down to supper and eat what I made for him and my son and not make my special diet food for myself. I started the end of Feb. and have been going strong for almost 6 months now. No S is amazing. Enjoy!