Typical day of eating - What's yours?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Ericj313

Typical day of eating - What's yours?

Post by Ericj313 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi,

This is my first post on here and I stumbled on No S via an eating plan that I developed while in OA. I dropped 30 pounds in about 3-4 months, which is great!

Anyway, one of the things I've also been doing is keeping a journal of what I eat for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner as well as exercise. This way if I ever get off track I'll be able to look back and see what I was doing right.

Anyway, I did a quick search for a thread similar to this one I'm creating and couldn't find anything except for one discussing typical dinners.

So what is a typical day for you? Here's mine:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with nuts/dried fruits, a bran muffin, an almond croissant, granola with a banana and almond milk

Lunch: Deli style turkey sandwich(NYC bodega style), chopped salad with 4 things in it(cheese, ranch dressing, etc), Chipotle burrito, BLT and Avacado sandwich, Bagel with Cream cheese

Dinner: Anything from 3 Al Pastor tacos, to a cheeseburger and fries(if I'm out), a piece of pan fried salmon with lentils/potatoes etc, Pasta with red or cream sauce, Chicken Chilaquiles, Tuna Mac, dinner varies the most.

Cheers,
Eric

jessand2boys

Post by jessand2boys » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Hmm.. breakfast is always eggs, with either bacon or some sourdough bread. Or both. :D

Lunch is typically a sandwich, leftovers from dinner or a salad if I'm feeling it. I don't think salads fill me up enough unless I really load them with some protein.

Dinner varies - I almost always eat at home so it's typcially some combo of meat and veggie, or a casserole or something.

Looking back at MFP, this is pretty much how I was eating when I gradually lost weight in the past.
Jessica

jcourtney

Post by jcourtney » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Breakfast is usually a green smoothie, maybe I add a boiled egg or a cheese string

Lunch is usually leftovers, sometime I pick up something or eat a can of soup

Supper is usually cooked at home so it varies, we like a everything but tend to eat a lot of pasta, casseroles, and homemade soups, we also usually have pizza once a week

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi Eric

Just wanted to say if you go on the check-in thread there are lots of us that post our meals almost daily. I like a variety so the only thing I consistently eat is Greek yogurt, fruit & homemade granola for breakfast (many days but not all).

Congrats on the 30 lbs! It took me more than twice than that time to lose 36 lbs!

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Marye

Post by Marye » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 am

At the moment for me breakfast is mostly soy yogurt with granola and a piece of fruit.
Lunch a sandwich with some protein (mostly meat or fish) and some lettuce.
Diner can go anywhere. I love the italian kitchen.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:29 pm

This is good thread, too. It's supposed to be what people keep around to make it easy to have decent meals.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1732
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Breakfast: tea/coffee, fruit juice and 2-3 slices of thick toast (wholewheat) with butter and 100% fruit jam, sometimes an egg.

Lunch: Rice, beans, veg/salad. Some kind of protein (veggie burger, tofu, fish or chicken).

Late afternoon snack: Toast or crackers, cheese, nuts & fruit.

Dinner: Leftovers, or something small like a sandwich or baked potato with hummus.

I'm trying to eliminate the late afternoon snack, it happens because I'm already hungry enough for dinner but my husband has the (annoying!) Mediterranean habit of wanting to eat after 9pm, so I often end up snacking from 7pm until dinner at 9pm which is not ideal. I'm also breastfeeding which has given me a huge appetite (my meal portions are big right now!). I either need to find a way to hold out until dinner, or just have dinner earlier than my husband, but that feels a bit anti-social.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Bonnie, with all due respect to your husband, it sounds a bit anti-social of him to insist on eating later rather than meeting in the middle for you. Under the circumstance, I can see splitting the evening meal into two parts, as it sounds like you have intuitively done. Maybe there's a way you could make it more official.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)