Two Ways to Go to Costco

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xara

Two Ways to Go to Costco

Post by xara » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:16 pm

One:
Go on an S-day and eat food samples as desired.

Two:
Go on an N-day. Say to the food demonstrators with a big smile, "Thanks, but I don't eat between meals." Bet they don't hear *that* very often!

I did it the second way today, and it felt really great to not be eating just because it was free and offered and in my path. I actually went feeling fairly hungry, but waiting until I got home to eat was doable, and the rotisserie chicken was delicious. :D

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:40 am

You are doing a GREAT job of exercising those willpower muscles and building good Nday habits. Awesome! 8)
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

minimizer

Post by minimizer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Costco, I love that place!
Kudos to you! I bet you're right that they rarely, if ever, hear that phrase :)

Actually, I usually pass up the samples even on S days myself...my reasons are that I'm a picky eater and most of them don't even appeal to me. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, too, so it's easy to not partake esp. during 'cold & flu season'. I admit that I occasionally try something if it's irresistible, but only on S days of course :)

I sometimes enjoy a big slice of Costco pizza from their snack bar--that's what I had for lunch yesterday and it fills up the plate. Satisfying and sustaining until dinner!

xara

Post by xara » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Minimizer and Vicki, thank you both for your encouragement.

Minimizer, I'm a germaphobe also, but tend to suspend that in the face of free food samples. Not a bad idea to indulge my hesitations in that in that situation, I suppose!

Vicki, I'm building great new habits, and have been so encouraged to do so by this forum. Love it! A day or two before going to Costco I read all seven of your yearly updates, and found great hope and encouragement therein.

It is wonderful to feel that we are all in this together!

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:06 am

Xara, it is so nice to read your "atta girl" moments. You are doing so well!
xara wrote:It is wonderful to feel that we are all in this together!
This is why I love the forum so much. If you live (as I do) in a pretty skewed food culture where overindulgence is the norm, it can feel a bit lonely to be the only one not snacking, turning down free food, not eating morning tea at work, etc. Coming here reminds me that I do have a "tribe", even if we don't live in the same geographical space.

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:01 am

ironchef wrote:
xara wrote:It is wonderful to feel that we are all in this together!
This is why I love the forum so much. If you live (as I do) in a pretty skewed food culture where overindulgence is the norm, it can feel a bit lonely to be the only one not snacking, turning down free food, not eating morning tea at work, etc. Coming here reminds me that I do have a "tribe", even if we don't live in the same geographical space.
Absolutely! And to think we span the globe.... Amazing!

Let's keep on, keeping on!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!