New

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tee

New

Post by Tee » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi All. I am happy to have found this "revolutionary" "diet" :P Funny how we let how eating should be escape us. This is my second day. It is a little difficult, but not as difficult as counting calories and treating food like a math problem.

I calorie counted on and off for years, which worked when I had a more substantial amount of weight to lose. Kept the weight off. Now I'm just trying to lose about 10lbs to get to my undergrad weight (still healthy). But now I HATE calorie counting, and end up gaining what I lost back. I tried intuitive eating and have had success with that but I end up snacking a lot in the process.

Fast forward, I was LCHF for a few months and Paleo before that. This was easy because I feel and look a lot better by limiting carbs. Always had blood sugar issues if I didn't eat. With this way of eating, I wasn't constantly hungry, which was wonderful. The problem? It wasn't sustainable. Sure for awhile it was and I honestly thought I could eat that way forever. But it got really boring. Like, realllly boring. And I didn't realize how much I missed sandwiches till I had one last week and was overjoyed. Soo sad, haha. Oh, and I don't like to cook. :) Why should I have to cook damnit! Anyways.

I feel like with No S, I can finally be normal. I really appreciate the structure. I need structure, and I like that it aligns with the way our lives are. I'm looking forward to being normal again.

I find myself still choosing LCHF options since they keep me full but also I am adding more variety to my meals (like BREAD!!). i have a serious sweet tooth too and I think the S days are very reasonable times I can adhere to. I can definitely wait!

It's been fun, just not so easy to snack...because I have been getting really hungry in between meals. I assume that's normal! I used to suffice on a collection of snacks instead of actual meals if I was home. So far to withstand the breaks in between meals, I've had some coffee, a mixed drink, or wine.

I really like how I'm able to taste and appreciate my meals more too. I really think that's how food and meal times SHOULD be treated... along with the social aspect :)

Thanks for reading, and looking forward to commenting on the board.

vmsurbat

Re: New

Post by vmsurbat » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:04 am

Tee wrote: I feel like with No S, I can finally be normal. I really appreciate the structure. I need structure, and I like that it aligns with the way our lives are. I'm looking forward to being normal again.

I really like how I'm able to taste and appreciate my meals more too. I really think that's how food and meal times SHOULD be treated... along with the social aspect :)

Thanks for reading, and looking forward to commenting on the board.
Welcome! I think these two salient points are what have made NoS doable for life---I'm just past 7 years with NoS and I still love it!

And I think you will, too!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi! This really is the sanest way of 'controlling' my food that I've ever experienced. I used to be a 'perpetual grazer' with at least 3 snacks a day between meals. I've been amazed to find that I can go up to 7-8 hrs without eating between meals! I do enjoy coffee/tea between meals now - and a stick of gum if I want something to just 'chew' on!

I look forward to following your progress.
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:03 pm

Congrats on being one of the few to have calorie-counted your way down and keeping it off.

Eating carbs is likely to keep a little water weight on, but that's all it is. I personally don't care if I carry a couple of extra pounds of water distributed in my tissues in exchange for variety of texture in my eating.

When I first started, I didn't get hungry until about four hours after the last meal, and was able to then eat a meal within an hour two most of the time. My weight loss wasn't fast, but it wasn't my goal, either, though I was overweight. I just wanted to have a sane way to manage food. I still feel I've gotten it; any further problems I have nearly six years in are personal! And minor in the big scheme of things.

I, too, very much appreciate that No S allows me to eat at the most useful social times, which I see as a big advantage over IE.

Welcome to the family.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Tee

Post by Tee » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Thank you all! And yes you are sooo right oolala, the structure is a big advantage over IE. Probably my favorite part.
Everything is still going well 2ish weeks in. I don't want to snack as much at all. My S days have not been crazy, but I find myself wanting to stick to N day structure. I still make it a point to indulge because I know I'll want to and it is better in the long run.
Not sure what I really weigh. Last time I checked it was a *crazy* amount because of the water weight recovery from being low carb all summer. I'll get over it and things should subside in time. My clothes still all fit, sooo....

catservant

Post by catservant » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:12 pm

I for one REALLY need to have that structure. I have been on so many restrictive diets over so many years that I can't tell what is hunger and what is merely craving. Regular mealtimes with moderate sized servings of mostly healthy foods clarifies everything for me.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:55 pm

It helps, too, when appetite wanes. I'm actually rarely really hungry for meals now, but I know what a reasonable amount of food at a time for me now is. I've been edging that downwards over time.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)