looking for support

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

moderatemeals

looking for support

Post by moderatemeals » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:52 am

hi all -
i'm wondering if anyone else out there is looking for a support system for No S. I know it is the right way of life for me but I struggle with binge/emotional eating. I feel so much better when I follow No S but I can't seem to get it down for more than a month.

Anyone else out there looking for a buddy? If so, maybe I can start a new thread where we check in/offer support, etc.

thanks,
mm

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 am

Hi Moderate,

I don't think I'd be a very good buddy. My check in habits are very erratic and I'm actually trying to spend less time on a device. Recently, oolala posted a thread called "daily check in" (I can't link to it because I'm on my phone and its a pain to do anything on my phone- sorry) her idea was that it would give people a place to post that would like more lively feedback than what is typical on a daily thread. Perhaps it would work for you.

In the meantime, perhaps it would help to know what sort of support you need from a buddy. It's possible We might be able to offer suggestions or ideas on how to get what you need.

Oh, and recently some people have checked out sparkpeople and seem to be happy with it but oolala or rawcookie Can give you a lot more info on that than I can.

Good luck Today. I'll be thinking of you.

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Thank you so much gingerpie. I'll check out spark people too. I am going to try and log my meals/progress on the daily check in thread too.

thanks again for the support!
mm

admount

Post by admount » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Welcome, moderate! I hope you find some support here among friends. I'm a pretty new addition to the forum, but I totally know what you mean about emotional and binge eating. That's why I appreciate the No S attitude of just moving on from your bad days and not trying to make up for them. On other plans I always have a bad day and then give up on the whole thing out of guilt!

Anyway I hope to see you around. Best of luck!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:25 pm

I started the Daily Chat thread so that there was a place that people could keep up with each other.

Alternately, or in addition, you could browse the daily check-in threads to see who is more involved. I had been out of it for awhile, but I have a few people whose updates I get. You'll see that on some of them, there are a few people who follow each other and give support. I bet you could find some buddies that way.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks both Oolala and Admount. I'm going to start checking/posting to the daily thread. Great idea and I need support!!

mm

tacodiscos

Post by tacodiscos » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:11 am

I am reading Brain Over Binge because I struggle with binging too!! I understand. I'm cheering for you!
Start date: 7/21/15, apx 180lbs
2/5/16, -16lbs, 164