Weekends or non-work days?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

otashm

Weekends or non-work days?

Post by otashm » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:38 am

The days I work vary from week to week. I usually don't have two days off in a row either. I would like my NO-S days to be on work days because there is a routine going on those days already. Should I just take the random two days I have off every week to have S days, or do you all think it's important to have 5 NO-S days in a row every week?

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:49 am

No, I don't think it is essential to have 5 No-S dates in a row. From the very beginning, my S (special days) were Friday and Sunday because that is what fit my lifestyle/obligations/desires.

I do suggest you think about which days you are likely to have socializing that involves food that is important to you. So, even though you may work on (say) Saturday, if you find that you get together with family/friends every Saturday night and those times include snacks or treats that you want to enjoy, you might take Saturday as one of your S days even though it is a work day for you.

Really, NoS points us in the direction of establishing good habits and reasonable baselines. So, choose the pattern of S days that will 1. bring you the most pleasure, and 2. be sustainable.

Happy NoS-ing!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Not sure if you meant you thought you should move your S days according to your work schedule, so that they changed often. I recommend against that. If necessary, possibly have one floater and one on a Saturday or Sunday. Though I'm also in the camp of having at least 4 days in a row with no sweets, esp. if sweets are your downfall. It's true that some have made options work, but I believe I've seen a lot more of "I should have just stuck with Vanilla."

Sorry to keep the uncertainty going!

Then again, you don't have to have it figured out from week one. Be patient, firm, and curious. Whatever you do decide to do, stick to it. It's likely ANY choice you make will bring challenge. Be generous with your meals and stick to the plan!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)