Long Time believer back for support

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

finallyfull

Long Time believer back for support

Post by finallyfull » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:07 pm

:oops: :oops: Okay, it's been a couple years I think, and I need a refresher! Actually all has gone well, I am a committed three meal a day person, and it keeps me slim, but my "sometimes" has clearly grown to be "lots of times." I know this because my biggest pants are now snug.

Here's what I know: No S works for me if I don't treat it like a diet, and also if I don't use weekends like a free for all. Weekend bingeing is something I've ONLY done when treating No S like a diet, because I would feel deprived all week, so I will not do that. I am committing to tracking my "S"es for a couple of weeks, and aiming to pare them down to 3 or four floating "S"es a week, and trying to save them for the weekend. I really need some tangible incentive for not saying "what the heck" every single night! (For me it's usually snacks on any day I'm home in the afternoon, seconds at most dinners {two dinners! Yikes!} and a treat whenever offered.) I think the idea of "squirreling" away my S'es for the weekend is going to do it, because I am a good saver.

Gee, how could eating two dinners a night make my pants tight? I think my 2016 mantra is "I will not lie to myself: seconds at dinner IS A SECOND DINNER." I don't care if it's small. It's probably the size the first one should have been anyway!

For new people here: No S is awesome, Rinehart is a genius, and don't treat this like a diet (eating smaller meals than you want, eating huge meals just because you can, waiting for the weekends like a starving lunatic). Just peace and normalcy. It works!

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Hiya - nice to meet you and read about your experiences. I've developed 'squirrelling' to set aside a stash of things I am 'allowed' to eat at the weekend. It works for me! I wish I was able to squirrel away money the same way - I am not a saver :?
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Merry

Re: Long Time believer back for support

Post by Merry » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:00 am

finallyfull wrote: seconds at dinner IS A SECOND DINNER.
LOL, great saying!

Welcome back :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:21 pm

Welcome back. Wise words you have written.

I, too, am recommitting to the NoS concept. My weight is under control but I really want to break the snacking habit I have slipped into - even if it is "Fit and Active" or "Healthy for You" etc., snacks.

I was never a weekend binger, don't like the feeling of going to bed at night with that too full feeling, but I am getting too guilty of grabbing a caramel from the candy bowl at work or a handful of tortilla chips out of the cabinet at night while making a dinner - that kind of mindless eating that I know is not needed.

Good luck to you, I will stay in touch. :)
Berry

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:57 am

finallyfull wrote: seconds at dinner IS A SECOND DINNER."
Okay, this is funny but tonight for dinner I made pasta and everyone in my family took seconds--and all I could think was you saying, "seconds at dinner IS A SECOND DINNER," LOL! It was pretty funny (to me--I didn't say anything!) It's funny how perspectives change, because I just kept thinking--2 plates, that's 2 dinners! Rather than thinking it was "seconds."

About 5 minutes later I realized I was already full--in previous days I would probably have eaten another half plate and been overfull before I realized it.
Respect Moderation

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:31 pm

Nice to see you again, FF! I, too, was going along fine when I started to stumble, first on weekdays, then on my S day mods. I even forgot that I lived well with those mods for a couple of years, I think! Well, Roy Baumeister, the king of studying self-regulation said NEVER to assume that not being able to reduce eating means a person lacks willpower. Overeating is one of THE hardest habits to break. I don't say that to deflate you, but to get clear that we need to stay kindly consistent. He is a fan of changing habits, such as how to conduct yourself in certain situations- like one plate meals- rather than calorie counting, though he also recommends recording food eaten, even without the calorie count. I'm still not willing to go that far.

2016 is IT!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Merry wrote:
About 5 minutes later I realized I was already full--in previous days I would probably have eaten another half plate and been overfull before I realized it.
I'm only in my second week but what I like best so far is not feeling overfull.

I did feel not-full-enough the other evening -- but that is so much pleasanter a 'discomfort' than feeling over-full.

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:28 am

Queenie wrote:
I'm only in my second week but what I like best so far is not feeling overfull.

I did feel not-full-enough the other evening -- but that is so much pleasanter a 'discomfort' than feeling over-full.
YES! I try to keep remembering that feeling on S days too.
Respect Moderation

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Welcome back! I came back to noS last month too! The people are great here, very supportive.

Plus this way of eating makes so much sense. NO crazy eat this, not that rules. (Ate low carb for a long time, and so now my sense of good/bad foods is skewed).

Anyway, yes seconds at any meal is a second meal! Good way of looking at that!

Welcome again :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18