i just spent $37 to realize No S is the only way

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MaggieMae

i just spent $37 to realize No S is the only way

Post by MaggieMae » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:59 pm

I've been doing yoga on YouTube , and a commercial always comes on after the video for a website called kinobody. Being the professional dieter that I am, I was intrigued and looked at the website. It is basically strength training3 times a week, walking, and intermittent fasting( 16 hours fast every day). I have dabbled with intermittent fasting in the past and liked it, but I wasn't consistent. They have a program called the Goddess training program. And get this..... If I purchased today, I would get it for $37. Yes, I did it. I am so ashamed. All the information and videos are available to you online when you purchase, so I skimmed over it quickly. Even though you're doing IF, you still have to track calories. What?! Ok, could do that for free. And you use formulas to figure out your macros. Like I'm going to track calories, protein, fats, AND carbs. I am so stupid. I alwaysfeel like I'm going to find something I can stick with that will be effortless and allow me to eat whatever I want. I'm so tired of thinking about food constantly. What should i eat? What can't i eat? When can I eat next? Going to keep trying to build No S habits and continue yoga. Maybe it will all come together some day.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Eh, don't feel badly about yourself. I am hoping that there's some quick cure that I am often a sucker for such things. Never mind that I know better, that I have been dieting since I was 12 (I'm 47) and the reality is that the only healthy thing for me to do is just eat my damn three meals a day, have treats at appropriate treat times and call it a day.

The weight cycling industry is COUNTING on your hope, but you don't have to give in to it.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:52 am

You know, in the grand scheme of things, NoS is worth $37.00. I've spent more on things in life that didn't work.

Let it be your motivator to keep up with NoS and not pursue "new shiny" diets next time!

Hang in there, and I hope you see success and feel better with NoS.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:08 pm

Yeah - no shame babe! We've all done it (well, most of us I expect!) I still have several books on my recipe-book shelf which are 'extremist'!!!!

I am so glad I found No S. Now I find that I judge any other 'diet' against the No S common sense. For me - the habit formation is SO much more effective than ANY form of restriction or control.

Can you still enjoy the exercise bits of your Goddess kit - and ignore the food bits?
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

krawford13

Post by krawford13 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:00 am

I hate that you had to put out the money for the kinobody program, but I am glad to hear about it. I too, have seen this guy on youtube talking about this program. He is an young arrogant fitness guru, 90% of the time parading around without a shirt. I used subscribe to his channel, but stopped because I couldn't stand looking or listening to him. He is big on intermittent fasting which I have dabbled in from time to time. Tracking macros, no way would I want to do that. I so love the simplicity of No S. I like what oolala53 says in her signature "Count plates, not calories. Three a day" Simple
kat

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:37 pm

krawford13 - I have gone through something similar just a month ago. I went back to counting calories for about 30 days. It made me absolutely crazy. It was a great reminder for me how amazing No S is. Simple, normal, and completely natural. I've been doing it since Feb. 2015.

Glad you found your way back to No S so quickly. :)

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Yes, I can at least use the strength training exercises that came with the program, so not a total loss. I haven't used light weights in years and don't know where to start. Yes,he seems very arrogant! I can't stand reading/watching alot of the videos and emails I get from the program because he's so annoying. How many selfies must one guy take showing off his Calvin Klein underwear?? 😄
One of the reasons I was drawn to intermittent fasting was because you could eat during your 8 hour eating window without counting anything. This program went and complicated it.

Sarah-lara

Post by Sarah-lara » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Never heard of Kinobody before, but I do think that the calorie counting add-on to IF is a decent idea, at least if you find yourself guilt-free gorging during the eating window like I did. Back in the stone ages when I hung out on IF boards, it seemed the majority of women weren't losing weight. And some of the dudes who popularized IF were stubbornly insisting that they stick it out and not change a thing because it would all work itself out. Finally someone said, "you know, I tend to match the same amounts my husband eats during our eating windows even though he is much taller and bigger than I." So, calorie counting (or at least some kind of eyeballing of portions, as in Reinhard's "don't be an idiot" proclamation) got thrown in to some circles of IF.

But no way would I do calorie counting plus protein and carb counting in addition to IF. Too much work! I'm a regular Joe (er, Joan?), not a professional body builder. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Since you are restarting with weights if you don't click with Kinobody, I'll remind you there are plenty of free youtube workouts (Fitness Blender, Jessica Smith, etc.) Too bad about all the unwanted beefcake photos! :roll: Some people really find beefcake/cheesecake pictures inspirational; sounds like you and I are on the same page with them.

M's sick of dieting

Post by M's sick of dieting » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:26 pm

I just did this recently as well. When will I learn that dieting turns me into this crazy binge eater? I don't have a whole lot to lose, I'd like to lose 20-30lbs. But I've always said I have the ability to be obese. I recently decided I'll give Weight Watchers another go, I found an app. that lets me count points. I always start out great then a few days in I wake up with this strong desire to eat, and eat. Like I can't stop thinking about food, it happened last night and I could not stop eating. I wasn't even hungry, I always said I feel like I eat less when I'm not dieting. Any ways I need to really try sticking to No S instead of tracking every single bite like an obsessive compulsive whatever. I need to focus on eating habits instead of obsessing about every bite. I think there are so many of us that struggle with this.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:14 pm

I can't remember when I put that counting plates in my signature line. It was probably after I succumbed to some mod that wasn't propelled from the right place for me and ended up leading to a big swerve.

One of them that I actually paid for was SO against my "religion" I can't believe it: the Venus Index. I think I did the exercise routine two times. I won't get on my soapbox about it. I think of it as a phase that people might need to go through. For me, it's a false idol, possibly convenient but no measure of anything really important. I'm SO much more attracted to the idea of what can be accomplished with Urban Ranger (or an equivalent), Shovelglove, (or an equivalent) and No S. I still have never done all three consistently, but I'm getting closer.

I almost can't believe now that anybody pays for most exercise stuff because there is SO much free on youtube. I'm still discovering new short workouts. If I can't find a 14/15-minute one, I cobble some together or split longer ones.

Regarding food, because of some health issues, I have recently gone back to looking at some nutrition opinions, which is all any of 'em are. As Reinhard says, so many of them contradict each other. Whenever I find myself feeling like I'm starting to have a hissy fit while deciding how to put a meal together, I know I've gone too far. I still might eat a "diet" meal, but I stop letting myself dicker over it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:45 am

The Venus Index... I haven't heard of that one! You know I'm going to look it up now. :lol:
I read French Women Don't Get Fat over the weekend. I wanted to see if it was similar to No S.... no snacking, saving treats for special days, etc. I found myself getting anxious thinking about cooking from only fresh ingredients, not eating out, making my own yogurt, constantly drinking water, etc. It did have some good take away points, but definitely too picky for my lifestyle at the moment.

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:44 am

Ugh! Don't get me started on Venus Index! That's the first system I ever did and I'm still recovering from the low calorie nonsense preached there. Maggie May, if you are easily triggered, take my advice and don't look that one up. 😊

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:43 am

Kittson, I've been a member for years but have disabled all the emails from them and the two guys and the jillions of other people they try to sell you on. I keep the workout manual just in case I get a bug after I retire and have more time on my hands. But I found it through Brad Pilon and even though I haven't had good luck with IF, I still like him. He seems more sane, not always talking about being bloated and stuff.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:07 pm

oolala53 - I agree with you, Brad P does seem more sane. I can't do the ESE (it makes me binge), but I do respect him. I also like the VI workouts, but have to ignore everything else. :)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:02 pm

MaggieMae, I hope Venus Index didn't send you down into a spiral. Just know many more people have lived quite well with No S-type meal-based eating and NO knowledge of calories. No S is about beating the odds here by playing the odds of the success of millions.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:07 am

Thanks for the concern, but nothing triggered me! :D