Learning what I need

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bullisaba

Learning what I need

Post by Bullisaba » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:03 am

I find that I am good at working out how much food I will need at lunch and dinner but breakfast is another matter. Every time I have a different breakfast dish my serving is too small so I have been having seconds (after the first time I know I have to cook more). I am trying not to be hard on myself when I do that. I loathe waste so I don't want to cook too much and throw it away but I might have to until I can get the serving size right.

I have also lost weight, not much (just half a kilo) but I was aiming to maintain. I have lost about 6kg over the last 5 months (calorie counting) and am at my ideal clothes size. I am not hungry without the snacks however there was one day last week when I did not have the energy to do my workout. I need to eat more calories.

I was feeling really good about this diet until I weighed myself. I did not expect to feel this way about weight loss but it feels like another reminder that I am not in tune with my body. Calorie counting is easier because I know what range I need to be in.

I am sure it will all even out in the long term and I need to fight the urge to count calories.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:36 pm

If you're eating three meals a day, and are doing a sandwich style lunch, yes breakfast probably needs to be pretty substantial!

I find that what would be considered two servings of oatmeal with nuts and fruit is about right for breakfast for me. Or two eggs and two slices of bacon and an apple. Or a yogurt smoothie with water for liquid, frozen fruit to give it body and a scoop of protein powder. (For calories counts, I find that ~500 cals for breakfast is about right. All of these meals hover around that range, more or less. I do calorie count as a sanity check maybe once a year)
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Sarah-lara

Post by Sarah-lara » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:44 pm

One pound (half kilo) is probably entirely within the range of fluctuation your body naturally goes through based on anything from temporary water retention because of your last workout, not having gone to the bathroom yet, a salty meal the night before, hormonal stuff, etc. (or lack of any of those things, in the case of a loss)

I know women who have a daily fluctuation range of four or more pounds from these mostly uncontrollable factors. Nothing to be hard on yourself over at all.

Bullisaba

Post by Bullisaba » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:18 am

Sarah- lara: Good point. I guess I am being hyper vigilant because I have just started No S. I need to relax a little and give it time.

NoelFigart: Bigger servings will take a while to get used to I guess. My diet mentality is hard to overcome.