S day sweets taste ...bad?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kkatie38

S day sweets taste ...bad?

Post by kkatie38 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:09 pm

I just finished week 3 of the No S diet, something I am extremely proud of as I usually have trouble making it past week two whenever I try a new diet.
My usual go to binge sweet used to be candy bars, it didn't matter what kind, I loved them all.

Yesterday was an S day for me and I figured I would indulge in Twix candy bar, but I ate two bites before I tossed it in the garbage. It tasted so bad! All I could taste were chemicals.
Something similar happened last weekend also, when I had a small handful of chocolate covered peanuts.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar?
Cake type sweets from bakeries seem to be fine, but most sweets from the grocery store seem to taste disgusting. Maybe because it is so overly processed? or my taste buds are just not used to it anymore?

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:18 pm

I've noticed this, too! M&m's tasted waxy and I couldn't finish them. I was excited about cookies this morning... ate one and tossed the rest. I used to plow through a box of those things. This must be some miraculous side effect. :lol:

kkatie38

Post by kkatie38 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:11 pm

I suppose it is a miraculous side effect :D Weirdest part of NoS is seeing how my body is steering me away from bad foods with out any conscious decision on my part

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:27 am

I have noticed with some things that either they don't satisfy, or sometimes they are actually too sweet (didn't know that was possible with my palate, LOL!)

So, sometimes I'm pickier about what I eat now.

Can't say it's a total reformation yet though, LOL!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 am

I've been at it six years, and yes, some things aren't as attractive anymore, but I'm afraid I could probably still enjoy a Twix bar. Count your blessings!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Red

Post by Red » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Yes, but unfortunately - that means your tastes have gotten more expensive. :roll:

I used to glutton eat rice crispy marshmallow bars.... now I can barely stand the smell. Amazing.

BUT - if offered salted caramel ice cream - it's an extreme force of will power to wait until weekend.

Then: cents
Now: dollars

Hmmmmm.

Here's the good part - it's likelier that you're not eating so many preservatives, additives, fake colors, and vast amounts of HFCS.

It's a GOOD thing.
"...skid into heaven broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” " Thank you Hunter!

noni

Post by noni » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:47 pm

This is true...you do get pickier, but you can also retrain your taste buds to eat badly again. I've done this time and again.

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:13 pm

The thought of NOT liking sweets anymore actually slightly terrifies me! :shock: I REALLY Love them and don't want to lose my taste for them! But it's all cool because I HIGHLY doubt I ever will :lol:
Na Razie!
JJJPK

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:00 am

Definitely experienced this! Nothing worse than deciding to make an exception for those donuts your colleague brought in, only to bite into one and find it stodgy and slightly stale!

These days almost all my S days treats are baked by me at home, with the exception of a fancy cafe brunch like crepes. Honestly, with limited sweets in my week, I expect them to be great.

The flip side is getting to really taste the sweetness in N day foods - watermelon, pumpkin (squash), sultanas!

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:46 am

JJJPK wrote:The thought of NOT liking sweets anymore actually slightly terrifies me! :shock: I REALLY Love them and don't want to lose my taste for them! But it's all cool because I HIGHLY doubt I ever will :lol:
If it does happen though, you'll find other things that you enjoy more--and that it takes less sugar to completely satisfy your sweet tooth :-).
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation